450 Big lama won't throttle up, after crash.

Jay

The left stick will not work. Hence the reason why I got a new 3in1 unit. Plugged it in today, no change. The right stick still makes movement of the servos like suppose to. My lama has been down for months I sure would like to get it bak up and going. Any help would be appreciated. I wonder could it be the receiver? :uncomfortableness:

Technically you should be able to get the servos to move with the right stick also.
Assuming you have a collective pitch heli, right stick should make the servos move also.
I can't see the crash affecting the Tx though.
does the left stick do anything at all?

Lee

Have you checked all the motor wires for damage? Or internal damage to the motor?

Jay

Technically you should be able to get the servos to move with the right stick also.
Assuming you have a collective pitch heli, right stick should make the servos move also.
I can't see the crash affecting the Tx though.
does the left stick do anything at all?

Yes the right stick will move servos. Left stick does nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you checked all the motor wires for damage? Or internal damage to the motor?

Yes checked wires all look good. At the time it was only a 10' fall/crash. When it stopped working.

wolfman76

Tail servo for rudder does nothing also? Maybe try reprogramming the esc and reset end points

RMB677

The Big Lama I'm aware of is a coax. The left stick is throttle and rudder. Since its a coax the rudder function is by controlling the relative speed of the upper and lower blades. If you aren't getting any blade rotation when advancing the throttle check that the 3 in 1 connections to the motors are correctly oriented. If you have a volt meter you can check if the motors are getting any voltage by checking where the wires connect to the motors. Also check the 3 in 1 connections to the Rx.

Jay

Ok. Guess what I found the problem. And again thanks for all your input.after replacing the 3in1, I rechecked the motors and they were good, all connection where good. I thought hhhmmmm.... I have and old hobby king 6 channel rx, that will bind with my turnigy TX . So I set the esky 4 channel TX aside and replaced the esky rx with the hobby king 6 rx, and poof it worked again. After a few reverses in the settings I was in the air again. Apparently the 3rd channel went out on the esky reciever. Never figured that one...... Now I have a tail way short wag and fast when I spool up. This is a co-axle 4 channel heli. So not sure if I just need to adjust the 3 in 1, or if it might be balancing/tracking of blades (though they are plastic). I know with my 450 I would just adjust the gyro. Any ideas? I an get it to hover it just shakes real bad.

Jay

I want to add I don't think the shaft is bent I have replaced the top on already and it is the tail that is snacking don't appear to be the body. Though once in the air of corse the body kicks in of coiurse with the tail still going left/right/left about 1 1/2 inch wag.

Top Bottom