450 Big Fixed Pitch Heli

Matt

Anyone make a big fixed pitch heli? Is the honey bee a fixed pitch heli? I’m looking for a fixed pitch heli that is about the size of a 450 but don’t know where to look or who makes them.

Tony

Staff member
My first question is.... Why? Just curious or are you just trying to get real life learning? Just wondering.

Matt

I was going to get a big fixed pitch heli so I could learn nose in. I’ve found that WLtoys makes the v913 which is about the size I was looking for. I may or may not buy one but I figured without having the additional variable of pitch I may be able to learn the orientations easier.. as far as elevator and aileron are concerned..

Tony

Staff member
Just to play devils advocate, you don't really have to "learn pitch", it is done in the same manner. Meaning, you raise throttle to increase pitch, or you raise throttle to increase head speed. Yes, a fixed pitch is way more stable, but if you are flying CP already, it is definitely a step backwards to go FP. The controls are the same for both. But I do understand where you are coming from and would be interested in hearing your experience if you do try this.

Top Bottom