General Beta Flight

concodd

I have a MacBook Air, is beta flight compatible with MacBook? I have downloaded it and tried to check out my recently purchased racing drone without much success. I am guessing that it is not as simple as downloading it and plugging the drone in to get a response... Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Did some searching and it seems you need to do a bit more with mac than you do with windows. I found the below, hope it helps. I don't own a mac so can't help.

1. Using USB to connect to the Naze32 requires the installation of the SiLabs CP2102 VCP Drivers. The drivers are available for download directly from the SiLabs Website
  2. Force the serial connection to be recognized by running the following line at the command terminal: sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial
  3. Fire up Cleanflight!

concodd

Did some searching and it seems you need to do a bit more with mac than you do with windows. I found the below, hope it helps. I don't own a mac so can't help.

1. Using USB to connect to the Naze32 requires the installation of the SiLabs CP2102 VCP Drivers. The drivers are available for download directly from the SiLabs Website
  2. Force the serial connection to be recognized by running the following line at the command terminal: sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial
  3. Fire up Cleanflight!
Many thanks Tony, when I tried the Beta flight before I sent out the help message I got a message saying" not flashed for Beta flight" as the day went by and a lot of you tubing I downloaded Clean flight to give this a go. Must have done something right because when I plugged the drone in, I got no messages and was able to open up the contents.

Top Bottom