Misc. Best Fbl Unit?

Rikrik51

hi folks, i want to know peoples opinions on what they think is the best fbl unit for trex 600/700 helicopters, i am spektrum at mo , any replies will be appreciated,

Regards

Rick Atter.

Admiral

All the modern ones are pretty good, I've opted for MSH iKon or Brain because they include features others make you pay extra for.

murankar

Staff member
I really hate these questions. Just asking what the best is won't net you much but a bunch of biased opinions.

Personally I feel it depends on the pilot and application.

I.e. Bavarian Demon has an edge for speed. Most speed pilots use it for the reason. Its the "best" for speed.

Here is my list of no fail units.

Ikon / Brain (even though they are on different paths of development now.)

AR series of BeastX, I make that claim because your on spectrum. Just makes sense. But it does lack in options. You can add them later for a fee.

Spirit: while I personally have not used it many have on the forum. It appears to their reports to be solid.

Mikado Vbar Neo : No I didn't forget. I don't want people thinking I am a band wagon fan. Yes I use Mikado products like the VControl and Neo. They are great units but are they the best? Most say yes they are. I am one of them. They have a draw back though, pay for add one. Bail out is a $100 if you want it. Now that's not all you get. You also unlock 80% of the gyro at the same time. You get the pro features which includes some stuff that only VControl uses. On the plus side they do make a bare bones basic gyro that works with add on RX units. So you can get it to work with specktrum.

Vortex: Never used it but Bert Kammerer sells it and stands behind it. Nuff said on that. Is it the best, don't know only you can decide.

Rikrik51

hi tnx guys, ironically by me not being specific you have probably given all the info i need!,again thanks Tony and muranker ,i promise to make a donation to site on payday, your all awesome

Kind regards,

Rick Atter.

Tony

Staff member
As URI (murankar ) stated, this is really a loaded question with no right or wrong answer. I know what works for me, he knows what works for him, Admiral knows what works for him and those at the opinions we can give. Can't go wrong with any of them (*ahem*Ikon still on top*ahem*) :chuckles:

Rikrik51

I know I have spektrum but if i get new heli hoping for 700 size for 50th (OMG) fancy different fbl unit, seem ikon on ebay ,can I run spektrum satalites with it and dx9 ,forgive my ignorance guys

Tony

Staff member
No ignorance, keep asking questions. That is what we are here for.

Yes, Ikon has two ports for dual satellite receivers for Spektrum radios. This is one of the main reasons I LOVE that gyro!

murankar

Staff member
Most Fbl units will have ports for Specktrum. Specktrum has a higher market share. So its in the manufactures best interest to include them.

Neo should also support dual sats for specktrum as well.

sneezy007

I agree with Tony, there are no stupid questions. Always ask lots of questions.

I have the Ikon in my Gaui X3 and really like it. It is definitely the best value for your money.

Cheers,
Dino

murankar

Staff member
Just an FYI if your still in basic flight with some inverted but not quiet 3D then any FBL will work. Its when you start tinkering really deep into it. Then your going to want one that suits your needs. You'll be looking at ease of use, flexibility in tuning and programing, default settings, governor, bail out, rescue and the list goes on. All I can say about which one to get is get the one that your flying group flies. That way you get your own tech support.

RaisedByWolves

Throwing my hat in the ring........

3Digi

Under $100, easy to setup, FREE add ons occasionally released and a HV model that lets you hook up directly to a receiver pack for running big servos without power issues or brown outs.

Not a lot of flash or colorful graphics in the gui, but a good solid unit.

Top Bottom