Ben Nevis

Graham Lawrie

20140701_175703.jpg
20140701_175908.jpg
Classic Scottish scenery:) Flying tonight after work at the foot of Ben Nevis with a lone piper :) AWESOME IS NOT THE WORD.
And it would have been had i not crashed my worst yet:(

550e is dead:(
Parts required after tail crash very hard:
Main frame complete including bottom plate.
Landing gear and skids.
Tail boom.
Torque tube.
Tail fin.
Tail servo rod.
Tail support rods.
Main bearing housing.
Tail servo monting plate.
Main blades.
Canopy.
Battery split and twisted.
ALL ON ORDER.....I SHALL RETURN:)

Spent enough on it this last month I could have bought a DX9

20140701_175703.jpg

20140701_175908.jpg

Last edited:

treff

Sorry about the crash Graham................................but what a place to crash, my goodness that is so brilliant. In the same boat here 2 helis in 2 days
but what can you do when your addicted lol. It will fly better next time.

Slobberdog

DUDE! Suckage, but as said before what a view, do you remember the old program "wish you were here", I would love to live around that superb scenery, I know Wales is nice but that's fantastic.

you will be back in the air soon enough,

murankar

Staff member
Wow, yeah i probably would have rekited it. Better luck next time.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

My god Graham, nasty crash, I know how you feel.... Disheartening at first, but you always made it better next time... I was up the top of Nevis 3 weeks ago, beautiful place Scotland..

Graham Lawrie

My god Graham, nasty crash, I know how you feel.... Disheartening at first, but you always made it better next time... I was up the top of Nevis 3 weeks ago, beautiful place Scotland..

I live 21 miles from here:) you should have called in for a cuppa:) Been on the summit dozens of times, normally via the north face:)

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch Graham. Thats almost a rekit :eek1:

More or less Lee. Looked at 2nd hand helis to rob parts but no luck. Over £250+ for parts. On there way airborne at the weekend. Battery is a concern not tested it yet:(

Next time I'm up fort William I'll let you know Graham, you can teach me some tricks...lol

I went along by the glen past the main carpark on the left and started the climb from there... Took me 5 hours to get to the summit, couldn't see anything for the mist.... 4.5 hours to get back down, bloody hard work when your old...lol

Top Bottom