450 Belt rubbing on tail tube

treff

I have found at last the reason for the wobble I had on my dfc 450. The belt it touching and rubbing on the tail tube
setting up the nodding effect and also wearing out the belt. I think the cheap frames I brought are slightly out with the
holes so I can not see a way to correct the problem apart from getting newer and proper frames. You get what you
pay for I suppose. Money is very tight here at the moment and It as kept me flying.I just can not afford the priced of a named
helicopter but I will keep a look out for something secondhand.

Tony

Staff member
If the belt is rubbing the inside of the tail, then the belt is just a little too loose. I would add some tension to it and it should cure this issue.

Lee

Treff.
As we all find out eventually, its false economy to buy cheap.
I have had my Warp 360 for 1.5years.
What have I had to replace, fix, tweak, modify since I bought it?
Nothing. Well one set of tail bearing for £3, but you get the point.
Its bullet proof, maintain ace free, and flies better than anything I have had or flown before.
Rather than spending debs and drabs on fixing this and replacing that. Save your pennies, and get something decent.
I sold everything I had RC wise and other stuff too. I'm in no way rich by any stretch. But now I have a Warp 360 and a Goblin :)
Thats all I want and will ever need. (until I get a 700 LOL )

treff

Thanks Lee, yes I know your right. I'm spending lots just to keep this junk flying. The better at flying I'm getting the more stress
I am putting on the helis. So, like you said save me pennies and buy something better. The compass would be my first choice.Love the design
and engineering that's in that Helicopter. I must take the plunge soon, or is plunge the wrong word.
Note to Tony is is not the belt tightness causing the problem but like Lee said another cheap bit from China. Plastic moulding on the tail tube holder
being thicker one side than the other and rubbing away the belt. Another bin job.

Graham Lawrie

You can pick up good second hand if you know the seller:) I got a good 600 from Lee, which I nearly have enough spares to build a second:) Also a cracker of a 550e Cameron:)

treff

Thanks Graham, yes I have been looking around and getting very tempted lol but I got my heart set on the warp 360. We will see.
I have two more batches of spares coming to fix my 2 450 helis then that's it, that will be the last. I am going to save for the 360, something decent
for a change. The 450's have been good, I have learnt to fly on them so I can not complain but not I need something a little better.

Lee

Look forward to having a new member to the Warp club :)
But also check out the two new KDS helis. They look pretty sweet, and should be available by the time you have saved up :)
You could be the first to do a build thread on here for one of those :)

Graham Lawrie

The 450 class are very twitchy. I found flying bigger easier. The jump to 600 was massive as were the cost of parts.The upside was that it was easier to fly.

murankar

Staff member
Yes the 450 size is twitchy, if setup for that. I had my X3 so docile that it almost didn't fly. I just changed a few things an now this thing is really cooking. Treff while you do your research for that next kit look at the X3 too. Parts are cheap and the kit is durable, watch my crash video and you'll see. Its also easy to work on nothing to complicated, except shimming the main shaft as needed.

Good luck.

treff

Thanks Graham and murankar. Yes I need to save a little and do some research but the warp 360 still my favourite.
Had 6 batteries worth yesterday flying on a small patch of land near here. Really enjoyed. No wind and lots of
sunshine helps the flights lol

Top Bottom