700 Bell 47G from Vario

Nade

Hi y'all, since I want to be in the right forum I checked in here for anything having to do with the Bell 47G, specifically from Vario. Didn't see anything started so here I am. I'm looking for anyone who has or knows someone who has experience with Heli kits from Vario. Also, I'm going to "try" to post pics of it here. I've been having an issue with uploading but am working it out with Tony. I'll see if I can upload some at this time........Could only get one picture to upload. Will be working on more.

image.jpg

Nade

Testing another picture upload. Didn't work, another error message.

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying to upload more pics and got this one through. The color is off due to editing. Still working on the upload issue.

- - - Updated - - -

The upload issue definitely seems to be a "too large" issue. These last three pics were cropped, then went through. I'll keep trying.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nade

Testing another picture download with HD turned off. Downloaded ok only after cropping. This is the battery tray progression, one on each side. They will be covered with a stretcher and the "storage box" painted white to conceal the battery. A Red Cross is planned for the storage boxes and in the front of the canopy globe.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the size of your pics before cropping? Both pixels and kb.

Tony, do you know how to get that info from an Apple device? I can't obtain it via pictures or settings. I shut off the HD in settings in hopes that would be the ticket but no dice. Wouldn't upload till I cropped it. Didn't have to crop much, just enough to say I did. I'm assuming the format remains the same but won't upload till it's cropped.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nade

coming along nicely. Keep going its almost done.

Thanks murankar! Yeah, I've got a lot done but still got a bit to go. Got to finish the battery trays that will be holding the batteries then get the stretchers sewn on. Taking an awfully long time to got'em done. Got to paint the lower canopy, fuel tanks main blades and tail fins. Then I think I can concentrate on finishing the electronics. Probably be another couple weeks before I'm at that point.

Nade

Here's an update on my Bell 47G. Finally got the battery shelves done. Just need to put a nice coat of paint on them. I decided to install a door at the front held in place with a magnet. I also included an opening at the top of the door and back wall for battery venting/cooling and obviously has an opening for the wiring. I'll have a drag strip on the bottom of the battery and will be using a buckle strap to secure it. The strap from my Goblin 770 is a nice heavy duty strap so I've ordered one for each battery.

I originally thought I'd paint the landing skids, the idea from a video of a 47G that had painted skids. I decided to wait until the bird was assembled. In the meantime I thought I'd try to polish the alimunum and to my surprise it responded beautifully! It now has a mirror finish and matches the stainless steel boom. So much for painting it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nade

Slowly getting to the end of the battery trays and stretchers. Have had a couple more brick walls to overcome but am very near the finished stage. I think it looks a little funny at this point but hope that will change when I get the canopy and stretchers installed. Need to install the magnets that will hold the front doors and prep the stretchers to attach them. A couple more hours should do it. The canopy is in the refinishing stage and hope to have that done by tomorrow night. Need to add the red, then a couple coats of clearcoat will finish it. Might just give it a final buffing to enhance the clearcoat.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nade

Still working on the beast and will keep y'all up to date. Just wanted to send a quick note to say thanks for all your interest and support. It is very much appreciated! It's a treat to be connected with like minded people around the world! And keep you pics coming my way too. It's part of what keeps us old retired folk going! :poidh:

Nade

If I have my way the stretchers will be "completed" by tomorrow night. Then it shouldn't be too long from then that I can get the electronics programmed. In the meantime a couple more pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top Bottom