250 Beginner struggling to understand the 200 S / DX6 settings

garyv 440

As an rc heli beginner and owner of a Blade 200 S bnf and a Spektrum DX6 gen 3 Tx, I have been struggling to understand the settings directly from the manual. Below are some of the Tx parameters I have set ….can someone tell me if I am doing ok so far?....

Feel free to answer any or all of the below questions…as any help would be greatly appreciated.

I set Throttle Cut to the 2 position switch "H"...
I set Gear to the 3 position switch "B"
I also set Flight mode to the 3 position switch "B"
I set Aux 1 to switch "I" and reversed it.

Question 1:
I put flight mode on my 3 position switch "B"( per the book) ..I also put my D/R and Expos of aileron and elevator combined on 3 position switch "G " ( this is not in the book , but I can’t really understand where to put them.) I left rudder D/R and expo alone.

I my 3 position set switch " G' to the following parameters:

switch position 0 @ 70% -30 %, ( hoping this will make a very tame flight )

switch position 1 @ 100% -30%, ( hoping this will make it a little more aggressive flight )

switch position 2 @100% - 0 % ( hoping this will be used for a the most aggressive flight )

Question 1a: Is there going to be a conflict between switches B and G, depending on their positions?

Question 1b: Does beginner mode, on switch "B" , position 0....do basically the same thing as my programmed D/R and Expo rates on switch "G" in position 0 or are these two completely separate?....

Question 1c: Should I be setting up the D/R and Expo’s differently?

Question 1d: What happens if I remove all D/R and Expo’s completely?

Question 2:
I set Aux 1 to button "I"...my understanding is this is the SAFE mode....will SAFE mode work no matter what position the other switches " B" and "G" are in?

Question 3:
What exactly does GEAR mean for heli programming? The book states to program GEAR to switch "B".

Question 4:
What exactly does the word "Inhibit " mean for heli programming?

Thanks for any advice offered…Gary

Tony

Staff member
I don't have this helicopter, but I will see if I can provide some help. On your G switch, are those numbers dual rates and expo? If so, then those should work fine, but I wouldn't get rid of expo in the final one. Instead I would do something like 60/35 for 0, 75/35 for 1, and 100/35 for 2. The reason is, even though you are thinking this is a more advanced flight mode, if you are just getting started, trust me, you want that expo on 100% throws.

As for B and G conflicting... If G is DR/Expo which I'm assuming it is, then no, It shouldn't have any affect but again, I don't own the helicopter and it may tell you not to use any expo or dual rates with SAFE enabled. I don't think it will have any issues though, the gyro will not know you are using dual rates or even expo since all of that is done in the Tx. All the receiver sees is you are not giving it as much input. Just remember though, when you are setting up the HELICOPTER, you need to be at 100/100 on your DR/Expo and you need a linear throttle and pitch curve to setup the head correctly.

Putting throttle hold on H is the way to go. It's where my Hold switch is on my DX9.

Gear is actually an airplane term and it only means channel 5, or your tail gyro gain channel. Don't worry about it saying gear, that is just rolled over from planes. You can put it on any switch you want, most people put it with their idle up switch so they can have different levels of gain for the different flight modes (normal, IU1 and IU2, not SAFE on and SAFE off).

And Inhibit is just that, turned off. If you see inhibit, or INH in any menu, such as the gyro menu, that means it is not turned on. On the gyro, you definitely want it turned on, usually set to channel 5 or gear and the switch of your choice. All switch options are user preference and not set in stone, but there is a common theme on some of them, like H is almost always Hold unless someone started with a crap heli with a craptastic Tx where the hold switch was on the left lol.

I hope this helps. I just wish I knew more about this helicopter and the Tx.

garyv 440

I don't have this helicopter, but I will see if I can provide some help. On your G switch, are those numbers dual rates and expo? If so, then those should work fine, but I wouldn't get rid of expo in the final one. Instead I would do something like 60/35 for 0, 75/35 for 1, and 100/35 for 2. The reason is, even though you are thinking this is a more advanced flight mode, if you are just getting started, trust me, you want that expo on 100% throws.

As for B and G conflicting... If G is DR/Expo which I'm assuming it is, then no, It shouldn't have any affect but again, I don't own the helicopter and it may tell you not to use any expo or dual rates with SAFE enabled. I don't think it will have any issues though, the gyro will not know you are using dual rates or even expo since all of that is done in the Tx. All the receiver sees is you are not giving it as much input. Just remember though, when you are setting up the HELICOPTER, you need to be at 100/100 on your DR/Expo and you need a linear throttle and pitch curve to setup the head correctly.

Putting throttle hold on H is the way to go. It's where my Hold switch is on my DX9.

Gear is actually an airplane term and it only means channel 5, or your tail gyro gain channel. Don't worry about it saying gear, that is just rolled over from planes. You can put it on any switch you want, most people put it with their idle up switch so they can have different levels of gain for the different flight modes (normal, IU1 and IU2, not SAFE on and SAFE off).

And Inhibit is just that, turned off. If you see inhibit, or INH in any menu, such as the gyro menu, that means it is not turned on. On the gyro, you definitely want it turned on, usually set to channel 5 or gear and the switch of your choice. All switch options are user preference and not set in stone, but there is a common theme on some of them, like H is almost always Hold unless someone started with a crap heli with a craptastic Tx where the hold switch was on the left lol.

I hope this helps. I just wish I knew more about this helicopter and the Tx.

Tony, thank you very much for the response and explanations ....and yes it does help me understand the parameter settings a little better...I will take your advise about changing the D/R and expo rates.... I am someone who learned to fly mostly on those "crap " toy helis and the RF 7.5 simulator ... LOL so this is all new to me...I also picked up a 230 S so stay tuned, as I m sure I will need a little more programming help when I am ready to fly CP...I l know the 230 S file can be downloaded , but I'd rather learn how to set up the Tx by myself.......thanks again....

Tony

Staff member
my pleasure and when you need more help, all you have to do is post up. Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

garyv 440

Update...

Today I did a test hover with my 200 S BNF and all went well...I flipped through all the F-modes and D/R's just to test them out and all seemed fine...however, all I really did was burn trough one pack in a hover...LOL...too nervous to fly...LOL....I't's a really good feeling having figured out the programming for my first Tx!!! ....now moving on to attempt setting up my CP 230 BNF next...wish me good luck .......Thanks Tony for your input......

Top Bottom