General Beeping driving us crazy!

mrbill

Hi, We're new to the RC World (my son and I). He has purchased his first RC plane, assembled it and now when he connects the battery he only gets beeping from the plane. I've spent a couple of hours looking for a solution on line without any luck. Best suggestion appeared to be setting the throttle limits but can't work out how to do this on our controller (Turnigy 9X - does allow setting limits on the flaps). Can anyone help us please? Mr Bill

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you need to adjust your Tx throttle end points. To do this, you will turn your plane off and turn your Tx off. Now, turn on the Tx and raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the plane and you will hear a series of, what is usually, 2 beeps. When you hear the first set of beeps, lower the throttle stick all the way. The ESC should initialize and you should have full throttle control, and best of all, the beeping should be gone lol.

Westy

LEGEND
+1 Tony.... I answered an exact question on this 30 mins ago .... not sure if it was the heli section ... but sounded exactly the same issue.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, if you look a few posts above your other one, I posted in there too explaining this. lol. The questions always seem to come at the same time. It's weird how that happens.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah ... wierd ... there was nothing there but the first post on that thread when I Answered the question

Tony

Staff member
Do you have a solid orange light on the Rx? Meaning is your Tx bound with the Rx?

Westy

LEGEND
what actually happens when you turn your model on?

any sounds apart from the 1 sec beeps?

Perhaps your Throttle channel is reversed and all hte model is seeing is full throttle.

what does your diagnostics display on the radio show on channel 3 and 6 at idle? Full noise or idle?

Tony

Staff member
That's a good point westy. If you didn't hear any beeps when you had it at full throttle when you turned your aircraft on, then the throttle channel is reversed. But, I'm thinking this is a bind issue. The 1 second beeps means either the throttle is up just a tad or that there is no bind to a Tx.

Westy

LEGEND
Some other things to make sure of are:

Take all the Wiring out of the RX and start again!

The wiring is connected the correct way.
1. The Signal (usually orange or white) wire of must go toward the writing of top side of the Receiver and the BLACK or Brown goes to the bottom.

2. The ESC wiring must go into the Throttle or Channel 3 on the Receiver...

3. Put Throttle to Idle

4. Throttle Hold off

4 Then Turn on TX and then Model.... see if it will arm the ESC and go through its checking sequence.

mrbill

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've finally bitten the bullet and dragged my son (very distressed after two weeks of Dad trying to fix his new plane), the plane and the Tx down to HobbyCo in Sydney. After about 60 mins of tinkering the fellow in the shop (great service given I told him that I bought the plane over the net from HobbyKing) thinks that the firmware on the Turnigy Tx9 is out of date. You can only choose PPM or PCM on the Tx menu and not 2.4GHz which is the frequency/modulation (sorry, I'm new to this scene) of the Rx. I have emailed HobbyKing asking them if I can update the firmware over the internet. Does anyone else know what I can do? Thanks again.

john2012

Banned
I hope im doing this in the right place my rx has the throttle channel after the bat and bind plug this is a spectrum rx

Lee

PPM and PCM have nothing to do with the 2.4Ghz. Its the way the signal is sent, whether that be 72Mhz or 2.4Ghz
Try lowering the throttle trim tab to the lowest setting and see if that allows it to arm.

murankar

Staff member
When you say tx9 are you referring to the TH9X? if so those ship with the V2 and should be at most current version.

The only other firmware that I know of are the open source versions.

I don't remember what ppm stands for but PCM is pulse code modulation. I believe you want ppm on your setup.

Last edited:
Mr Bill,
Where in Sydney are you?
I did have a strange beeping coming from my helicopter at one point and couldn't get it to shut up, realised I hadn't bound it to my TX and was having issues.
Then when it did it again, realised my battery charge was low. Fixed both of those up, and now only the normal beeps you expect to get.
The receiver in the plane, is it going to connect to your Tx? What Rx do you have in the plane?

- - - Updated - - -

Mr Bill,
Where in Sydney are you?
I did have a strange beeping coming from my helicopter at one point and couldn't get it to shut up, realised I hadn't bound it to my TX and was having issues.
Then when it did it again, realised my battery charge was low. Fixed both of those up, and now only the normal beeps you expect to get.
The receiver in the plane, is it going to connect to your Tx? What Rx do you have in the plane?

Top Bottom