500 Beep - Beep

Dizzi

I switched on the radio raised the throttle stick to the top and plugged in the battery. I got two beeps and then pulled the throttle down to zero and the two beeps just kept going......So, why do I get two beeps constantly when I plug in the battery, and nothing else happens

Tony

Staff member
You may not be seeing a low throttle signal. Try lowering your throttle travel for low stick to a larger number and see if the beeping stops. Be sure to take the blades off first though. Don't want any spool-up's.

Matt

The ESC is not initializing. It needs to see zero throttle to initialize. Keep the throttle stick at zero throttle when plugging in the battery. If that doesn’t work you will need to trim the throttle until the ESC sees zero throttle.

Tony

Staff member
He is trying to calibrate the ESC to the Tx. Raising the throttle all the way up and then turning on the helicopter is how you achieve this. But, it is staying in program mode since it is not seeing a low throttle signal.

Dizzi

Im sorry...I am very new to this, so .....In travel adjust, I have the throttle at 100% is this the one I have to trim, and to wht do I trim it to........

Tony

Staff member
Yes, in travel adjust with the throttle stick all the way down, you should only be able to adjust the lower number of the two. Turn your Tx on, turn on the helicopter and you should hear it start beeping (keep the stick low). Once it starts beeping, start lowering the low stick (make the number larger, I know, confusing lol) and eventually you should hear the ESC initialize. Take it another couple numbers just to have a safe zone.

Tony

Staff member
What ESC do you have? Some will get hot because it is still limiting your battery voltage and it does it by creating heat.

Dizzi

the more I play with this Heli the more confused and frustrated I get.......this is what I did......with the radio switched on and the battery plugged in. (and its beeping away merrily) , I took the throttle stick down to low, and adjusted the travel down to zero .. then I unplugged in the battery and turned off the radio.....then I turned on the radio again and pushed the throttle stick up to the top....then I plugged the battery back in (of course its beeping) ....then I slowly took the throttle adjust up to 125% and wouldn't you know its still beeping away and nothing else happened.....Please tell me where I went wrong. I am giving this stupid thing one more day and then it is going into the garbage bin......

murankar

Staff member
Make sure your throttle curve goes to zero. If your on IU one or have a throttle curve that does not go to zero your esc will never see a low throttle. If that's not the case then I don't know what else to say that has not been said already. The only other thing is use the trim button for the throttle and adjust the trim down.

I know for castle escs You have to use the trim buttons for it to see zero stick.

Tony

Staff member
Your not by chance running a Futaba Tx are you? If so, you need to reverse the throttle. I may have missed it if you said what Tx you are using. Quite busy.

I know these things can be frustrating. I have had many members send me helicopters that they could not figure out and I had to bang my head on the wall to figure out. But to me, that is part of the fun. Best thing to do sometimes is put it on a shelf and walk away from it for a week or so.

murankar

Staff member
I wasn't thinking futaba either because not many if any are used on this forum. Futaba uses negative numbers. So you will need to have something lower than zero.

Tony

Staff member
I'm wondering if you didn't have a bad ESC... I have seen them get stuck in program mode before.

Quick question, what ESC was this? I don't remember reading that.

Top Bottom