General Been Out Of The Hobby For A While

Richard Dotterer

Been out of the hobby for a while
Picked up a few new FBL Kopters to kick myself in the pants and get back into it.
My toy room has been sitting idle for almost 5 years.
RC helicopters were my life for over 10 years
Went through a bad divorce a lot of my Kopters that I was left with after selling off my fleet to pay attorney cost were in boxes for over four years, I was finally was able to buy another house and built an awesome toy room..This time around
Being the owner of over 50 helicopters from blade CX all the way up to stinger 90 and a DNHP 120 built in SOUTH KOREA.
Today I'm left with about 15 helicopters most of them are fly bared.
I recently purchased
(1) blade 300
(3) blade 450X's
A blade 550X modified to a 600X
All in the last month...
So it's a hell of a thing trying to catch up to where I used to be and considering I haven't had helicopter in the air in over four years and most of my pac's are shot now..from sitting idle...

So I'm like a Phoenix rising from the ashes
Below I'm posting a link to my blog in RC groups..
Rich Dotterer's blog - RC Groups

I was also on run-ryder for over 10 years, I had no idea that Mark Ryder had to shut that site down due to his divorce...
My toy room was actually featured on the front page of that website for almost 6 months.. I was also an AMA member for over 10 years and all that expired so I'm sure they gave my number to someone else by now
I got to figure out how to upload some photos on this website being that I'm so new, it's going to take me a minute to figure it out

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Cleaned up the thread a bit so everyone can see that absolutely awesome room! Wow, and I thought I was dedicated to the hobby lol.

A divorce is never a good thing. I'm thankful that I have been with my wife for over 20 years now and we are as happy now as we were when we met. A little heavier, but just as happy. I blame the cooking hahaha.

Just in awe over that room. So clean!

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Richard, awesome collection of Helicopters, love the Toy room as well.

Tony

Staff member
The more I look at those pictures (and yes, I'm taking notes for my office/studio lol), that is not a man cave, that is not a toy room, that is a hobby shop right there lmao.

Richard Dotterer

Thanks guys
My Kopters and parts all totalled almost $35K at one point over a 6 year period
My heli's were on shelves for many years so I decided this time around I was going to have them off the floor for the most part
It took about a month to put this room together..
The slat & grid wall systems not only saved floor space but I adapted part of them to incorporate a way to hang all of my parts and transmitters up neatly on hooks & shelves instead of being in boxes..
Just goes to show if you can think it you can do it... & Thanks to Store Supply.com they helped make it happen with their products.
I'm a very organized & visual person and this project came out perfectly for about $900 total..
Also I've had several of my Kopters including one of my MD 500 / T-Rex 600E"s hanging from the ceiling in the local Hobby Town store for about a year..where I was flying in the parking lot every weekend helping promote the hobby & Heli sales..

Last edited:

Delininja

thats a bad ass room! great to have you here. I would love to do that but the airsoft would have to be actual arms. I am an Okie lol. Great stuff man. cant wait to see more.

leedude1

Howdy my man nice job indeed. I did mine over the winter. I didn't think of a slotted wall myself but must admit, its a real nice touch. Things that make you go hmmmm. Welcome aboard

Attachments

• 20190323_144330[1].jpg
    20190323_144330[1].jpg
    285 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190323_144453[1].jpg
    20190323_144453[1].jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 9

murankar

Staff member
I thought I was looking at a hobby store. Awesome site took look upon.

Did the divorce thing myself. But I still don't have that kind of room. Glad to here your making a co.e back. Welcome to the forum. You will be a great addition to our site.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure if you know this or not Richard, but you have a Gorilla on your shoulder....

Richard Dotterer

Just got ripped off by some dude pretending to be a member of RC Groups for a Blade 360 Trio
Went back on RCG and that account was deactivated After I paid him for the heli

Richard Dotterer

The guy looks legit everything was as it should be..
And then shibam...
Guess there's one born every day been on the phone with PayPal for an hour
Thanks for the info I'll check it out

Tony

Staff member
Ah damn, I just now saw that post. That really sucks! Hope you are able to get your money back.

Top Bottom