700 Been out of RC Helis for 25 years looking to get back into the hobby again.

Kevin W. Ray

Hello,

I had an X-Cell 60 Custom RC nitro Heli 30 years ago. Now looking to go electric 700-800 size machine, leaning towards Align. Any suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin W. Ray

Smoggie

If starting from scratch the Align 700X / 760X 'Super Combo' package is hard to beat on value. They are nice helis, they fly really well. No serious issues with the 700X / 760X though the canopies on them are very thin and fragile and usually crack prematurely, but that's not a show stopper.
The Microbeast flybarless controller that they come with isn't my personal favorite. I changed it on my own 700X, but there is no strong reason not to use the Microbeast, they fly well enough.

Kevin W. Ray

If starting from scratch the Align 700X / 760X 'Super Combo' package is hard to beat on value. They are nice helis, they fly really well. No serious issues with the 700X / 760X though the canopies on them are very thin and fragile and usually crack prematurely, but that's not a show stopper.
The Microbeast flybarless controller that they come with isn't my personal favorite. I changed it on my own 700X, but there is no strong reason not to use the Microbeast, they fly well enough.
What flybarless controller do you recommend? I am wanting auto leveling as an option too.

Smoggie

My personal favorite is the Spirit range of FBL. They have just released a new 'Sprirt GT' which has even higher spec but the 'old' Spirit Pro or Spirit 2 are still fantastic units. The Brain2 / Ikon2 (same things just different colours) are good units too but for me the Spirit edges it. The ability to integrate with most Tx brands so you can do all the setup direct from your Tx screen is fantastic.

Spirit has the best auto levelling options of any FBL, and it's all free, no extra fees to pay unlike some other units (such as the Microbeast)

Kevin W. Ray

My personal favorite is the Spirit range of FBL. They have just released a new 'Sprirt GT' which has even higher spec but the 'old' Spirit Pro or Spirit 2 are still fantastic units. The Brain2 / Ikon2 (same things just different colours) are good units too but for me the Spirit edges it. The ability to integrate with most Tx brands so you can do all the setup direct from your Tx screen is fantastic.

Spirit has the best auto levelling options of any FBL, and it's all free, no extra fees to pay unlike some other units (such as the Microbeast)
I use the Spektrum DX-8 radio also.

Smoggie

The Naza-H was discontinued quite a while ago but you might still find one second hand. They were never very popular but other than that I cant really comment. If you want the full GPS autonomous flight capability that the NAZA-H offered you could go with the Spirit and the add-on Geolink module.

if your Tx is the 1st degeneration DX8 then you will be out of luck with integration between Tx and FBL. It is supported on later Spektrum models though.

Top Bottom