450 Been buiding?

Started this thread a bit late, but I have been building!
Made some progress today :)

It's a T-Rex 450SE V2 Clone (HK or something)
So far, I am VERY impressed with the quality... the head and tail have so little slop, the tail on my 250 felt like Jell-O compared to this!
The main gear isn't very warped, either, guess I ended up with a good one... :)
And, not to mention, when loctiting all the screws, only like 2 out of like 30 or 40 screws didn't have any loctite... very impressive unknown clone manufacturer :D

T-Pro SG-90 x3

Servos, ESC, Etc. In Place

Close Up Of Servos

Close Up of ESC and Motor

Tail Servo and Gyro

This has been a very fun build so far. I'll try to keep you updated, :)

Can't wait to see what this thing can do!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Nevermind, the gyro isn't there on that last picture labeled: "Tail Servo and Gyro"

Be careful with the screws... they are cheap and nasty, ripped the head off a few of them without much force at all! just a heads up, be careful of the main shaft, will likely bend in a light tap with the ground.
Otherwise enjoy the build!!
What gyro are you using?

Tony

Staff member
That is pretty much the same heli as the HK450GT that I have sitting in my living room with the 600, however mine has the metail antirotation bracket and carbon frame. That looks like a copter x or some other clone.

I will say this, with your flying style, you will HATE those cheap servos on the cyclic. Just pitch pumps alone will strip those gears. And triple check all bearings for threadlocker in them. Yeah, you heard me right, they use so much on these screws that they can get it in the bearings. Mainly check the linkages and grips on the tail.

HOpe this gets the same smack treatment as your mcpx, can't wait to see it!

I will end up changing all the servos to MG-90's or EXI DS213F MG servos, lots of toque. The tail servo is a MG-90.

Checked all the bearings before I started building... Silky smoothe and no loctice in them :)

Oh, and the gyro is a GY48V (hope to replace with a used Spartan Quark sometime)

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the other (and probably better) option is to put new wires on the Align DS410's and DS420 that were on my 250 and use them... But my dad HATES soldering those tiny wires... Just ask him...

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the 410's and 420's would be MUCH better. Would be a good time for you to learn how to solder lol.

and I'm running the D213F on the tail of my HK450GT. With the Assan GA250 gyro, the tail is holding pretty solid. Little drift, but nothing a little link adjusting wont' take out. Much better than the GY48V that I Took off of it. Talk about drift lol. The tail looked drunk lmao.

I am running the MG90S on the cyclic, but I'm thinking about putting some Solar servos on the cyclic just because they are digital. Would like to put Align servos on this heli, but I'm trying to keep it all "clone". My 600 is where the real precision is at. So now I have both worlds to play with.

Here is a picture of the wire on my DS420...

Yeah it;s pretty bad, I just taped it to keep the wires separately.... I will have to change the entire wire, by taking apart the servo and soldering on a whole new wire!

Some pics of my 450
Almost done!

Front view

Tail case super close shot

Gyro and stuff

Frame

Head Close Shot

Battery and ESC

Servos and Stuff

Gyro and Servo wires (need to clean this up a bit)

Frame other side

Another Front View

Well, here she is :D

I changed the gyro to a CSM SL630, changed the tail servo to an Align DS410 (I know it's a cyclic servo but it works fine)
Much more precise tail. Maiden coming today or tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom