Misc Bec

Baz

Hi all
I'm waiting for delivery of my DJI F550 hexacopter but was wondering if I want to put a gopro 2 axis gimbal on can I just plug in the 2 servos for the gimbal to the naza controller or would I have to fit a bec.
If I need to fit a bec how do I wire it please
Thanks in advance
Baz

Lee

Hi Baz,
Are you thinking about a BEC because of the current load on the NAZA causing problems? I use Open Pilot boards that have channels specifically for camera stabilisation. I dont have the NAZA but a few of the guys here do, so i'll let them answer on the gimble with Naza query.
Cheers Lee

Reactions: Baz

Baz

Hi Lee
yes thats what I was thinking.I wondered if anyone had wired straight to the naza controller.It does have camera stabilisation outputs for pitch and roll on the naza but dont know what sort of load it would take or what load the 2 servos would put on it and maybe cause problems
Baz

Baz

Hi Lee
did you mean need NOT to worry about a bec lol

- - - Updated - - -

Could anyone recommend 2 servos to use for a gopro camera gimbal.I read somewhere that digital sevos are better than analogue,but I dont know personally.I have ordered a gimbal from hong kong but its gonna take a while to reach the UK because its a national holiday I think at the moment

Baz

Could anyone recommend 2 servos to use for a gopro camera gimbal.I read somewhere that digital sevos are better than analogue,but I dont know personally.I have ordered a gimbal from hong kong but its gonna take a while to reach the UK because its a national holiday I think at the moment

Lee

I always do that.Miss out the n't on the end LOL :D.
Which gimble did you go for? A go pro will only need 9g servos. So it just depends on what price. You could use Align DS425 or Savox SH-0262MG tail servos. Super fast response. My friend Inaki (Kiof on the forum) has a go pro mount on his QAV500 using Tower pro MG90s works very well so far. I will try to find a pic for you.

Tasajara

I have a Naza with a camera gimble... didn't have to do anything extra.... Just hook them up and set the gains. But I would use digital if you can they seem to be smoother. I may change mine around later.
I was looking at this camera gimble kit , it would be much smoother. G-1 Full Kit 2-axis gimbal
But this is what I have right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Baz

Baz

Thankyou both for that
are these servos 9g and digital,do you know a uk stockist ? Align DS425 or Savox SH-0262MG tail servos

- - - Updated - - -

The gimbal is a very cheap one off e-bay.not received it yet
it looks like it will do the job,hopefully

Top Bottom