FBL Gyro Beastx Setup

Isca 64

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a beastx. The heli is all set up with servos at 90 degrees and blades at 0 pitch. When I enter menu point G the swash rises slightly and puts out all the levels set previously. When I exit menu point G the swash returns to its starting point. Any ideas.

Tony

Staff member
I have seen more than one BX gyro do this and I'm not sure why it does. What I would do is set it up how you normally would, then in the menu to set the 6º and your collective pitch full positive and negative degrees and give it a test flight. If you feel any sluggishness or weirdness around mid stick, try setting it true in menu G and having another go.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Just a thought, but when you enter the setup point G, the status lite is off. Did you flick the rudder stick to turn on the status light? With the light off all the servos rest at their center pulse. With the status light on (any servo color) they all go to their set trim position. Maybe I'm reading the post wrong?

Isca 64

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes Fran, the light is off . As soon as I enter point G the swash moves. I've just been through it all again and I've centered the servo arms but as soon as I exit the setting, ie. after setting the 3rd servo it twitches again. When I box it all up, it all seems to work alright. So I think I'm just going to have to fly it and see what happens. Thanks once again.

leedude1

Fran is absolutely right. When you enter step G the first point (no lights) is simply the center pulse for your servos.

You then move through one servo at a time and make your respective changes. Once you're done with your last servo setting ,move on the to the next step "H" to save. If you cycle back to the first step in G, the reason things look "undone" is because you went back to your servo center points . The servo arm positions that are IMPORTANT are the ones that are showing when AT LEAST ONE SERVO in step G is actually selected and a LIGHT IS ON.

Once you have moved to H your settings are saved. For my own piece of mind, I always go to "H" from a selected servo mode rather than cycle back to the lights off position because like you, it looks wrong and raises questions ' Did I do that right?" .

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom