FBL Gyro Beastx Issue

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thought Id throw this out there, Beastx HD flashed to the latest V5 firmware, when setting the swash mixing type I exit the setup and everything works fine till I power the unit down and back up. For some reason the swash type keeps defaulting to "custom". I have to go back in the setup and re-select 90 degree and its fine again till I power down. Tried a re-flash, same thing. Any ideas? Took me a while to figure out what was going on but only effects that step. Thanks, T

Tony

Staff member
Go into your Tx and set the Tx to normal, and then set your BX to 120º 3 servo or whatever your swash is. It sounds like it's fighting your Tx.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah I thought about that. I did check my transmitter, (DX9) and its set to "normal". I emailed the beastX folks and waiting to hear what they say. I feel like its a software glitch maybe. I have another beastx fbl unit I'm not using and was thinking of trying that one on the bench just to rule out the unit itself. Nothings ever easy for me...lol, I'll let you know if I ever figure it out..

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Update, Bound an old receiver and an extra BeastX to a DX6 I have. Different receiver, different BeastX, different transmitter, same issue. Guess its a software issue. Spoke the Microbeast people, they asked me if I used the studio X app or the button. Told them I used the button, waiting on reply...:confused1:

Smoggie

I guess the obvious thing to try is to use studio-X instead of the button. All those blinky multi coloured LEDs i find baffling anyway. It's like trying to decipher the beeps an ESC plays when you try to stick program it. Software with an intuitive visual user interface is much easier IMHO.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah I agree. I was also thinking of flashing back to 5.0 instead of 5.1. I wish they would list the revisions to each update like other company's. I never used the app for the setup before but worth a try...
Edit: It seems I discovered a glitch in their firmware. They contacted me and said their test BeastX does the same thing and they have informed their development team. I guess I'll be using my Brain on this one unless I want to wait for a update...

Last edited:

liquid1

I’ll be leaving mine as is good catch, Just kinda make me think not to many Beast x owners have up graded

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
This is interesting tho, I was just playing with my test setup beastX. I used the studioX app on my PC to set the swash type. Powered down and back up and it stayed 90 degree, (flashing red).

Top Bottom