500 Bearing Grease alternatives

Derek

I have a small tube of grease that came with my 500 that I've used for the bearings and all.

grease.png

However, this little tube of grease is nearly gone. What greases do you all use for your bearings? I was hoping to get something in a tube that is a bit bigger and might last a bit longer.

grease.png

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about regular bearings like the main shaft rides in (now I know you don't watch my videos lmao), then I would get some Team Trinity Bearing Oil. It's what I use and it's great. If you are talking about the thrust bearings in the head, I use regular axle grease for cars, but silicone grease is a better option.

That tube looks like the grease that you would use on a one way bearing though. It provides lubrication, but also has friction modifiers in it to allow it to grab when it needs to.

pvolcko

Radial bearings I just use bearing oil. Thrust bearings I use a grease meant for differentials of RC cars. Also use the stuff on the OWB.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have a large tube of that Super Lube. That's what I pack my thrust bearings with along with coating the dampeners. Iy will last a real long time in the thrust bearings, but for the dampeners you will want to hit them up often.

Top Bottom