BBJ is my handle

bbj

Wanted to introduce myself, I am Bobbie Jane. I have been a member on here for a short time but always forgot to actually intro myself. My partner and I just got into the helicopter hobby about 2 months ago. We purchased a Align T-rex 500 Pro Dfc as our heli to fly. Mainly because we thought it would be more stable than trying to flying something smaller. We also just received the Red Bull 130x with our DX9 and will be practicing with it along with using the Phoenix sim. Also we joined the AMA and a local flying club in the area.
I am not new to the flying world but have been away from it for a very long time. Once back during my college days I took up u-control airplane flying but wasn't very good at it. I also was into HO model railroading for about 25 years of which I would consider myself a master builder or close to it. Since we moved into a smaller house the railroad was not on our list of things to keep.
We are still learning about the RC world and entertain any advise that would help.
Thank you, BBJ:smile:

Tony

Staff member
BBJ, welcome to RCH! As stated, the 500 is a great helicopter and is very stable compared to a smaller helicopter, but crashes cost a little more.

I see you got the same deal that I got on the DX9. The 130x red bull is a good little helicopter, but it flies very heavy. Meaning, you are not going to do quick movements with it. It flies really scale so you have to be smooth on the sticks. As stated, I have one and I plan on doing some testing on it here soon to try and get it to fly a little better.

As always, if you have any questions, all you have to do is post up. We are always happy to help out!

:welcome1:

bbj

I did make some flying gear for the Red Bull after trying to fly it in a hover while in the house. It kept crashing at first but with the gear is a little easier for me to control. I guess its because I am just learning to fly. Thanks all for the hello.

bbj

I was asked what gear did I make for my new Red Bull 130x. I found some Styrofoam fishing bobbers that were about 3/4" dia. I took off the hook part and plastic items from them to hook to a fishing line which left a .215 dia hole. I then found some sticks at Walmart in the balloon section that were the same dia and about 6" long. After fashioning a center wood block with holes going through to make a cross center I then secured each stick to the block and only needed to push on each ball till the stick was flush to the outside of the balls. I rubber banded the flying gear to the landing gear of the Red Bull and this is what I ended up with.20150116_223300.jpg

20150116_223300.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Oh, right on, training gear. I didn't know if you got creative with a 3D printer or what lol. Thanks for posting that up.

Top Bottom