600 Battery Selection for Blade 600x

giards_07

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Blade 600x package that came with a motor (44.4V, 500Kv, 60A continuous / 80A burst) and a 10A BEC. The package did not come with the ESC or batteries but recommended that I purchase a 100A HV ESC and x2 3200mAh, 30C 6s Li-Po batteries.

I do not plan to use this heli for intense 3DR flight and I am trying to get the most endurance or flight time out of the batteries. I was thinking of purchasing two 4000mAh 20C batteries thinking that the higher mAh will get me more flight time but will this be the case or is it dependent on the discharge rate as well, since this set-up is 80A continuous discharge (4000*20/1000) where as the other set up would be 96A continuous discharge (3200*30/1000)?

Can anyone recommend me batteries that will get me more flight time and let me know if I shouldn't just be looking at the mAh rating alone, but should also keep in mind the C rating?

Any quick help on this will be much appreciated.

Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Go with the suggested setup if your not doing anything hard. As for the C rating, you'll want at least a 30C to 35C pack. As for the esc I suggest Castle or Scorpion. Both are of decent quality when compared to other escs, granted they are by no means a Kontronic. As for packs I can make a suggestion but in the end its going to be up to you to decide on what is going to work. I have used Gens Ace in the past and currently using Pulse Ultras on my 450. A lot of folks on here have been using Hobby Kings with out issue so do some homework and find what the balance is going to be for you.

Flight times are going to be somewhere in the ballpark of 5 to 7 minutes with light to mild sport flying. If you go to a 4000 mah packs there is a chance you may not see any benefit due to higher disk loading. You will want to keep the weight down as much as possible to max out your flight times.

Derek

Exactly what Matthias said...in the end, it's going to be up to you.....your helicopter....your flying style...your wallet, lol.

I run Gens Ace and Glacier 6S 3700mah 45C packs in my 600. Neither brand even get "warm". I'm no hardcore flyer so my flight times are 6 minutes, determined by my timer. Hobby King has good prices on their Nano Tech batteries. I use the Gens Ace packs because they were given to me. I use the Glacier packs because BuddyRC has some very fast shipping and their phone customer service is outstanding. Pulse batteries do seem to be run with huge popularity. I just can't justify the price...at least not on my budget. There are some other great brands available so take your time, browse around, ask questions. After that, you should be able to make a decision on which packs you want to get.

I wish ya the best of luck!!!

Lee

C ratings on the batteries are false.
A recent test done on batteries from 30C to 65C found them to actually all be around 28/35C.

Mahs will give you more time, to a degree, but then weight increase will reduce that.
What can increase time other than batteries, is going down a tooth on the pinion or longer blades.
You can also reduce your throttle % to increase flight times, but i wouldn't suggest to go below 65%,
as most ESCs don't like to be run at very low throttle.
All of these suggestions can help or hinder your flight times. Its a balancing act, that can really only be solved by experimentation.
In the end, the manufacturers,that have put time into the R&D suggest the correct battery size for all round use.
Good luck.

pvolcko

I"d recommend staying away from HobbyKing NanoTech batteries. I have used HK Turnigy (the standard, 5.0, blue wrapper ones) and I have heard their ASpec batteries are good too, but I've heard many in person and forum reports of problems with their bigger size multi-cell NanoTech batteries (micro heli size nano-techs are still okay in my experience).

I'd also second the recommendation on BuddyRC/EPBuddy Glacier packs. I've had no problems with Pulse batteries. I also have an EcoPower pack I'm testing out and so far am quite happy with.

Top Bottom