Batteries Battery plugs

Derek

Since there's no "Plugs" or "Hardware" section, I hope putting my question on this thread is ok. My question is more specifically oriented towards the plugs of various setups and the voltage/amps they can handle.

I've recently read that Dean's plugs cannot handle higher voltages/amperage. I didn't find anything that specifically said how "high" is safe. I've only been flying RC for about 1 year and I've only ever used the Dean's plugs and so far, I've not had any troubles. Whether it be on my scratch build planes or my Trex 500. However, I am "shopping" for a 600 class heli and probably an 8-10S setup. I'd really be bummed if I put Dean's plugs on the 600 and the 600 comes crashing down because my choice in plugs was poor.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Tony

Staff member
You will be fine with deans. They say they are rated for 60a, but I know for a fact they will handle bursts of over 150a at 7.2v. In fact, they sell a 2 into 1 adapter specifically for the 600 that requires dual batteries. Use deans, you have them on everything else so no need to change now. I'm about to order about 10 new pairs since I won't be getting my order from hobbyking.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I highly suggest using EC5's ... I am deans junkie too.. But on my bigger batteries, I love the eC5's they contain the spark so well NEVER happens that the spark is outside where It can hurt.. or be dangerous. soldering them is a peice of cake. Get a wooden clip (used for hanging clothes on strings i guess) and the ec5's are a PIECE of cake after that.. I use it on my 700 12s setup

Top Bottom