Batteries Battery matching motor question

bonjo8

Good evening rc-help...I have just watched your youtube video titled "Matching Motor, ESC, & Battery" and it really just opened my eyes as i'm pretty new to the hobby....So here's my question....I have a turnigy G15 motor (575 W), a 40A ESC and a 4 cell-battery with 2650mAh and 40C, that i want to put in my plane....now as the video said my motor has 575w/14.8v=38A ,my ESC has 40A >38 (and that's fine) and my battery has 2650*40/1000=106A which also is bigger than 38....but my question is about this big difference between 38 and 106....will i have a problem with that set up or do i have to change something in my setup ??? thanks in advance for your help :)

Tony

Staff member
If I were to do anything with that setup, it would be to go up to a 50a ESC just to put a cusion on everything.

As for the battery, You will be just fine with that. Remember, the battery only "supplies" the power. The amp rating is ONLY there to let you know how big of a motor you can run on it. The motor will always "pull" the power.

In your setup, the motor and battery are perfectly fine, but the ESC may heat up being that close to the max amp rating, but it will work. I highly doubt that you will be running at 100% power the whole time.

Hope this helps.

Connebgixxer

Hello, newbie here. I also have watched your video on matching electronics. My question is the voltage. If I have a 11.1v battery can I increase to say 14.8v battery? Is there any benefit to increasing the voltage output? Thanks in advance.

Tony

Staff member
You can increase the voltage, but ONLY if the motor can handle it. And you will be spinning the motor faster. KV is RPM per Volt. So more voltage, more rpm. Another thing to remember, make sure your ESC can handle 4s batteries as well. Would hate to see you smoke anything. On the plus side if your electronics can handle it, the higher the voltage the lower the amp draw given the same wattage.

Derek

Hello, newbie here. I also have watched your video on matching electronics. My question is the voltage. If I have a 11.1v battery can I increase to say 14.8v battery? Is there any benefit to increasing the voltage output? Thanks in advance.

Hey there buddy! If you have any doubts or concerns about your setup being able to handle the 4S battery, go to the "Airplane" section of the forum and make a post in the "Motor" or "Battery" sub-section and post the specs of the motor and esc that you are wanting to use. We can surely help you get it figured out so that there are no doubts.

Top Bottom