Batteries Battery holding

WyDiablo

View attachment 14966

Trying to figure out how to keep my batteries from moving back and forth on my Tarot 680MM camera rail. I have velcro on the battery tray and battery I also have a velcro strap fed thru the battery tray and around the battery. I also have a velcro strap across the camera rails to try and pull the tight enough to keep the battery from moving. Any guru minds working that have some great suggestions?

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If the velcro is not holding it, you need stronger velcro. I'm using some industrial stuff that you have to really pull on to get it to come off. There is no reason for that battery to move if you have velcro on the battery as well as a strap.

WyDiablo

I use the same thing but my problem is that the whole thing (Battery tray and battery) move back and forth along the camera rails.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, i thought the battery was moving on the tray.

In that case, and I'm sure you are not going to like this, but use some CA to lock it into place. If you want a less permanent solution, you can try putting a little hot glue in there around where it clips to the CF rods. Don't go stingy on the glue. Should hold for quite a few flights before needing to be redone.

WyDiablo

I was thing about the CA glue and hot glue and I think the hot glue would work better. It (Hot Glue) would be easier to remove if I have to move the battery tray and battery into a different place along the camera rails. Thanks for the info Tony

rjhenry

What about some tight fitting rubber or silicon tubing on the CF rails, pressed against the tray brackets. Shouldn't move in flight and may provide some shock
absorption in a crash and the tubing on one end (that didn't move from a crash) would always mark where the battery was. (for CoG)

WyDiablo

Wow that's neat idea man and I thought of a good one today also. Adjustable "c" clamp like for clamping a rubber hose.

Stambo

What about some tight fitting rubber or silicon tubing on the CF rails, pressed against the tray brackets. Shouldn't move in flight and may provide some shock
absorption in a crash and the tubing on one end (that didn't move from a crash) would always mark where the battery was. (for CoG)

Or some insulating tape used in the same manner.
Really easy to remove and you are bound to have some in your tool kit.

WyDiablo

I ended up putting on some adjustable "c" clamps like the you would use on a rubber hose and they seem to work fine. Only takes a screw driver to make a small adjustment to get cog and after that its always on cog on every battery change.

Lee

I was going to suggest a piece of heat shrink tubing agaist the rails, similar to the electrical tape idea.
But you got it sorted now :)

WyDiablo

I'm going to order some 10MM grommets that fit the camera rails on my hexa they seem to hold the rails really tight.

Top Bottom