Batteries Battery HELP...?

sstroup

Hello,
I am new to RC'ing. I bought a used Traxxas 4x4 1/10 SC truck. I am in need of some battery advice.
Current motor info:
Motor - Orion Vortex Experience 2 PRO, Max current 70A, PRM-V 3750kV, Turns 10T, Voltage 3.2-11.1V.
Current ESC info:
ESC - Dynamite FUZE 1/10 Sensored Brushless FWD/REV, Max current 70A, Input voltage 7.2-11.1V, Motor limit 8.5T, Momentary peak current 100A, BEC voltage 6V.
What should I be looking at battery wise?
What would give me fair to good performance with a long battery run life?
What are my limits on battery size for the above listed set up?

If I understand batteries? The larger the mAh, the longer run time I get? The higher the Voltage (S value), the more performance I get?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Scott

Tony

Staff member
If this were my truck, I would get a 2s battery pack. 3s would give you more power, but at the risk of burning things up. If you want to max it out, I have listed some batteries below in both 2s and 3s. As for mah, you are correct, the more you have, the longer you can run. With that low of an amp draw, as long as you stay above 30c or so, you will be golden.

This is the battery that I would put in this truck myself... This pack will handle a max amp draw of 250 amps constant. No worries here!
GENS ACE 5000mAh 50C 7.4V Hardcase Lipo Battery Pack ROAR Racing Approval

This is the 3s pack that I would put in it if I wanted to max it out. This one will handle 200 amps. Again, no worries other than getting pretty close to over volting it.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-5000-3s1p-hardcase-direct.html

The 3s has a plug that I do not like on it. I like the way it plugs in on the 2s much better. Either way, they will handle what you need them for in that truck.

Let me know if this helps and if you need any more info.

murankar

Staff member
The watts of the motor and the volts of the battery make the amps of the system. The total amps of the battery is determined by the mah and c rating.

Now you can get longer run times with more mah , but it may not be a lot.

If your battery already meets the requirements of your electrical system then more than likely you are maxed on your performance.

Tony has a video that explains how to match your battery, esc, and motor. He will correct any inaccuracies I may have here.

sstroup

Thank you guys.
That helps me out. I found your video about batteries, that's allot to take in but it is nicely done. I thing with your responces and video I have a good understanding now.

Thanks
Scott

Top Bottom