General battery ? for the exi 450

eric

i was wondering if the 3s 2500 11.1v 25c battery will work on the exi 450 it has a kv3800 motor in it and a 40a esc. or do i need the 2200 battery
thanks eric

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You should be okay with that battery. The 2200's will balance perfectly, but 300mah is not going to make much difference. Just make sure to check the CoG after you put it in to make sure it's level.

eric

Thanks Tony, The 2200's are ot of stock go figure so i'm going to buy the 2500 battery
Thanks Eric

Tony

Staff member
Link me to the 2200 that is out of stock, and teh 2500 that you want to purchase. I want to look at them.

eric

I don't know how to link it i'm not computer savy but the are the gen ace lipo batterys that xheli sales

Tony

Staff member
To link a page, you just copy the address in teh address bar by highlighting everything in it then right click and select copy. Then, in the reply box here on teh site, just right click and select paste.

- - - Updated - - -

Here, click on teh link below and look through the 30 something pages and see if you can find the battery you are wanting. I'm thinking 2200mah 3s 35c. they are about $15 each and they are located in Washington state.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/US.asp?HobbyKing_USA_Hobby_Warehouse

Tony

Staff member
I think you will be okay with that 2500 pack. I'm not sure thought, it is longer and wider, but it's thinner. Also, it weighs 50g more than the 2200. however below are some links to some 2200's. xheli, hobbyparts, nitroplanes and nitrorcx are the same company just fyi.

Sky Lipo 2200mAh 11.1V 30C
Sky Lipo 2200mAh 40C 11.1V

I'm sure the 30c will be enough, but the 40c will give you room to play with. I'm telling you people, you are going to make me get another clone just so I can fly again lmao.

murankar

Staff member
I use the 2200 mah 25C GensAce. They fit snug under the Align canopy. You may have to put the battery a little higher on the battery mount for it to fit. As far as the motor goes you want to know the wattage of it, that's the number that will determine your amp draw on the battery. I have a 3000Kv motor rated at 300 watts, with the 11.1 volts the battery supplies I have just over 27 amps of draw. 300w/11.1v = 27.03 amps (rounded).

Also the GensAce battery that I have has a 5c charge rate, but I am limited to 4.5 amps due to the charger. I also fly about 4.5 minutes and end up putting back in about 1400 mah give or take. I also changed my connectors to ultra deans, I do not recommend doing this if you are new to soldiering.

Top Bottom