700 Battery charger for trex 800 batteries.

AlwaysDave

Can anyone recommend a battery charger that is equal or as close to the Hitec Smart Charger H4. I just want one that I can plug straight into the wall socket rather than use a power supply which the H4 needs.

Tony

Staff member
When you get up into the higher end chargers, pretty much all of them are going to require a power supply. Because of the high current that these larger chargers provide, including a PSU within the case would make them very large and very very heavy. I have the iCharger 306b with dual 575w PSU's and this thing is fantastic. You can go even higher with something like the iCharger 4010 duo, but again, you are going to need a separate PSU. Mine are run in series for 24vDC.

Maybe someone else knows of a high wattage charger with a built in PSU, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I did find this one though. It's about 100w per channel.

Amazon.com: Ultra Power UP120AC DUO Balancing Charger for LiPo LiIon LiFe NiCd NiMH Lead Acid battery packs Battery Packs: Toys & Games

murankar

Staff member
I use the same PSUs as Tony and I have the PowerLabs PL6 which is rated at 1000w 40 amps. Its a beast of a charger for upto 6s packs and will parallel charge like a charm. If thats to pricey then the new GT500 is the best option out there for charging 6s packs. You can get the DPS600-PB power supplies for dirt cheap and the GT500 will work on 12v but it will perform better on 24v. My PL6 handles up to 36v.

Personally get off the AC side and get on the DC side. I also have a 12v portable solution, a deep cycle boat battery. I am set for the field. Thats why you need to get off of AC, an AC only charger will need a 120v source to charge which means a generator if you go to the field. Last thing the POwerLabs product is being expanded to include bump charging. With a simple rf tag the charger will know what program to use and start charging without touching the charger, except to start charging. ALl the settings for that pack will auto load into the charger and setup everything for you once programmed.

GT500 with everything minus power supply (GT line)
GT500 with SPA

PL6 (cell pro line):
Cellpro PowerLab 6

Last edited:
Top Bottom