250 battery advice (may be a stupid question)

taizi

hi guys

my poor little trex250 clone hasnt flown for months because i havent been able to get good batteries for it

ok stupid question..... it runs 11.1v 3s 900mah batts, but these are hard for me to get here especially as they have to be 24 * 30 * 56mm, the question is ... can i use 7.4v batts instead as these are easy to get and the right physical size, or will they just not run the 25a esc and 39000kv motor

i know i can get 7.4v 900mah batts at the local store but nobody seems to stock or get 11.1v batts, and being a trex250 there is a very limited choice for batts because of the physical size of the canopy and tray grrrrrr!!

Tony

Staff member
I'm sorry, 39,000kv?!?

Unless you are running a VERY high KV motor that is made for 2s, it will NOT lift off the ground. I tried this with my old 250 that I had. Ended up getting an 850mah 3s Gens Ace battery for it. You would think in China, you would be able to get just about any size you want lol.

taizi

ooops too many 0's hahahaha
thats what i thought, most places ive tried have been out of stock but i'll keep trying, sometimes most of the stuff they make here is for export only and they wont sell it internally, you red tape bull

thanks Tony

Top Bottom