700 Batteries For 700 X

Eggy 71

I am looking for a couple of extra batteries for my 700x. I can get a good deal 35% off on some 6000mah graphene batteries. They would be a tight fit , just fit width and height and about 250g each more than 5000mah which are out of stock right now. Will these be suitable of will it cause me problems?

Tony

Staff member
As long as they will fig, 250g is not going to make much difference in a 700, especially if you are only doing general flying. Hard 3D might see some different issues with the extra weight. Just be sure to check your CoG before flying first.

Eggy 71

I think C of G would be ok . I should have 1 " both forward and back for the batteries. It would be 500-520g total extra weight. Height of batter only gives me 3-4 mm spare height.

murankar

Staff member
Graphine packs are heavier than normal packs. You may want to go with a 4000 or 4500 pack to keep the weight down. A 6000 pack times 2 will be horribly heavy for a 700 even on 710 mains. Research it before you spend the money.

Tony;
some people can tell the difference in a 1/4 pound (250g). HE may not notice it at first but after a few hundred flights he will notice.

Eggy 71

Thanks for the info. The 500g was bugging me. But so was the height. It was going to be very close, only a couple mm to spare. It was an awesome price 35% off but if it doesn't fit it's a $100 paper weight. The 5000 mah are out of stock so I went with a normal 60c lipo battery and kept the extra $60 in my pocket.

murankar

Staff member
Save even more and see if they have something in the 35 to 40 c range. You wont need anything more than that.
500g is almost a half a pound of fat. Try and keep the overall weight to about 12 or less pounds. If your heli is at or under 12 pounds then you'll be fine. Unless your flying F3C you don't need a 13 pound heli.

Top Bottom