Batteries don't you just love em

treff

Flying today after another rebuild. Slapped on a battery and decided for a quick flight outside in the road to check tracking. The battery I slapped on was
the wrong one. It gave me just enough flight time to get me up to about 75, 80feet. I heard the motor suddenly start to wind down
and new I was in big trouble. I stuffed the nose down and brought it down at speed. Levelled off about 2 feet from the road and flew it along
hoping to get a skid in landing. I was doing well until I met the lamp post. Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another rebuild. Teach me to pick up any battery.
What do others do to tell wether a battery is charged or not? Any suggestion be most appreciated. Thanks

RMB677

An inexpensive battery volt meter, about the size of a cig. lighter. I've had one for quite a while, it reads total volts and the volts for each cell.

treff

Thanks guys really appreciate your ideas from the simple to the techno. Well I certainly need something cause my autos ain't getting any better lol. Thought I had it
cracked on the way down, great collective management as they say lol still not to much damage and all ready back in the air. Still saving for a set of servos for the new
Agile been over the bits so many time I could build it under a blanket wearing a blind fold lol. Thanks again

treff

Amiral that's real great idea, simple (like me) I like that a lot. It's the third time now I've flown on a flat battery. Very hard to auto a 450. You have to
build up so much speed that it is very difficult to stop the heli without damage. Thanks again

Stambo

I Treff, every time I charge a battery I attach a bread label, when I plug the battery in I remove the label, simple but works for me.

Brilliant, simple, cheap, I love it.
And it doesn't matter if you lose them.
I will now start saving bread labels. :)

Last edited:

Lee

My batteries go into there box facing one way. When I am done with a battery, it goes back in the other way round.

Tony

Staff member
I like the bread tie idea. I have done the tape method before. Charge it up, put a piece of masking tape over the plug. If it has tape, it's charged. If not, not charged.

sarconastic

I just mount one of these on just about everything I fly. It just has simple leds that are green when good and red when low voltage. The nice thing is that on a low battery revving up for take off will trigger a low voltage surge that gives you advance warning of imminent failure. On Heli's I mount them underneath between the skids with the LED's down. I can do a flyby and see the led's even if I can't hear the annoyingly loud buzzer that goes off.

Vktech RC Lipo Battery Low Voltage Monitor Alarm Tester Buzzer - - Amazon.com

I also use the box direction things posted earlier.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
I use the same one dirk has, Love it. i also use rc log to help me track my packs. I have a scan code taped to each one and when i get done doing a charge u scan it and add the info it asks for. After my flight i do the same thing as charging but log it as a flight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

sarconastic

murankar, what are you using to print he barcodes. Rc-team.org seems to be down so I can't get the scanner printer from their site. I want to use the Rc-log, it is pretty kewl.

Woody

wolfman76

I use the same one dirk has, Love it. i also use rc log to help me track my packs. I have a scan code taped to each one and when i get done doing a charge u scan it and add the info it asks for. After my flight i do the same thing as charging but log it as a flight.

how about a photo of the setup Mathias

murankar

Staff member
Well if the site is down i would check back later. Right now i am in the middle of a move from texas to ohio. 1600 miles and i will be home for good.

I know i dont have the file on my laptop, all i did was print the web page. Also if it does come up only print the first 2 or 3 pages unless you have a shload of packs. I think there is something like 40 codes to a page.

I did a quick review on it on here somewhere with screen shots.

Try this link: http://www.rc-team.org/rc-log/

Last edited:
Top Bottom