Bathroom Remodel!

mooserider

Hope this is off-topic enough for The Lounge! Just wanted to show off a bathroom remodel that I just finished. I wasn't posting or flying much recently because of this damn bathroom! FYI, my wife and I bought this house about 7 years ago and I've slowly been remodeling parts of it. It was built in 1901... old Craftsman house. Has counter-weighted windows too, and we're restoring them, the original trim, etc.

Anyhow, you can imagine the plumbing they used 115 years ago... pipe joints were sealed with lead and oakum. Drilling out the old lead and tying in to it with new pipes was a @#^&!! I only have a before picture right after the wife and I started gutting it. Tub was on the right, and there was a wall where you see the vertical pipe on the right that separated it from the rest of the bathroom; made it really narrow and tight. The new layout I put the tub at the end, vanity on the right, and opened up the back wall with some big windows to let a lot of light in.

Took me ~3 months because I could only really work on weekends and at night.

Before (sorry it's so dark, but that was part of the problem... tiny window):
old_bath.jpg

After:
new_bathroom.jpg

Done now! Which is why I started working on the biplane again.

old_bath.jpg

new_bathroom.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Damn bro, that looks fantastic! And here I'm bitching about having to redo some things in my house that was build in 2013 lmao. Great job!

mooserider

Thanks you guys! It was brutal! Doesn't look like it, but there's almost 800 pieces of tile in that bathroom... all of which had to be set individually, one at a time. It was mind-numbingly tedious. I'd like to take the tile cutter and drop it off a cliff sometime.

murankar

Staff member
I know your pain. I have cut a few squares myself. It's pain especially when your doing individual 1/2 inch by 3 inch glass tile and trying to make it flat and level.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks you guys! It was brutal! Doesn't look like it, but there's almost 800 pieces of tile in that bathroom... all of which had to be set individually, one at a time. It was mind-numbingly tedious. I'd like to take the tile cutter and drop it off a cliff sometime.

Could have been worse. Somehow I ended up watching a video about candy making. But then I noticed the backsplash to the cooling table...

dominowall.jpg

dominowall.jpg

murankar

Staff member
those are on a mesh that fits like a puzzle. not as bad as you think. the hard part isflat even and level.

Top Bottom