General banana hobby/blitzrcworks warning

The reason that im putting this post here mainly is for info for the new pilots

This post is about the products from Bananahobby.com.
I'am NOT looking for replys , just want to get the warning out there.
The aircrafts that they sell that are "RTF,ARF" do not work the way that they are suppose to.There are A.L.O.T!! of ppl out there that know this but I'm putting out the warning.
Here is what happened to me.
I bought a f-14 tomcat from them that was a "RTF" but switched the receiver so i can use my DX6i.I took off as normal, but the minute that i was in the air i was fighting with power.My TX and batt were fully charged.It was about 100 feet in the air(about tree top hight) and you can see it trying to go higher and just could not do it, and i had my DX6i at 100% throttle, And it could not climb more that i wanted.I lost the plane that night.The next day I went looking for it and found it.Brought it home and looked at the electronics to see what it had.I noticed that it had 2 2100kv outrunner ducted motors with 2 20AMP ESC's.We all know that for that kind of kv motors, you need at least double that ESC power.
If you all can be so kind and tell your friends and other ppl to NOT buy anything from Banana hobby/ blitzrcworks, it will be like throwing your money away

Tony

Staff member
Remember that heli? Yeah I still have not ordered that part lmao. $4 part, $11 shipping. NOT!!! hahaha. BH is nothing but BS in my book. I have never made an order from them and I never will. I'm trying to figure out what to do with this heli that is sitting here. I'm thinking about taking the Tx out and using it for a trainer plane at our local field. But with the coverage of those Tx's, I'm not so sure about that.

JEXFIRE

now im not sure but are BH and nitro planes the same company? the reason i ask is i bought a Airfield rc (FMS) 1400mm T-28 from nitro planes many months ago and am now seeing all the warbird arf's and rtf's labeled out of stock on nitro planes and showing up on BH's website. I LOVE my T-28. Its a great looking plane for a foamie and is packed with features for less the $250. the only things i've had to replace were the main retracts and a gear door servo. I added a separate Castle Creations 10amp BEC when i got the plane because it had so many wires. Gear, doors, lights, flaps, etc. I did put in a bigger 46 size Neo motor simply cuz i wanted a little more power but am still running the stock 50amp esc with the scale 3 blade prop it came with. i do want to order a number of other FMS warbirds because they are so much fun to fly and for the price you cant beat em. Ive also heard nothing but bad things bout BH and their customer service but im hoping the quality hasn't slacked on these particular line of warbird. Horizon hobby has nice warbirds too, but they are smaller, fewer, and more expensive then the FMS planes. And both are outfitted with cheap, chiniese electronics. now im not advocating or defending BH in any way since i havent dealt with then personally, im only saying that maybe not all the products they offer are complete crap lol. i always assume that each new plane or heli i buy i will be upgrading or fixing before long whether due to pilot error or "assembled by the lowest bidder" turns and bites me in the ass. Will keep you posted if i do order anymore. this is the exact plane i have: BananaHobby - 6 CH FMS 2.4GHz Giant Grey T-28 Trojan Radio Remote Control Electric RC Warbird Trainer Airplane ( ARF )

Tony

Staff member
No, NitroPlanes and BH are not the same, however nitroplanes, xheli, nitroRCX and Raiden something are the same company. BH and the others are next door to each other and they fly at the same field.

wolfman76

i to bought a warbird from nitroplanes this is the bird i bought and your right you can't beat the price sometimes New U.S. Army P-51D Mustang "Marie" Nitro-60 - 65.5" Nitro Power Radio Controlled RC Plane ARF Kit w/ Retracts i have not yet finished assembling my warbird yet only due to lack of free time and have been modifying this bird as i am going it will sport robart landing struts and wheels,it will have a magnum xls .91 2 stroke motor in it not sure of the size of fuel tank in it but i will be purchasing a rotoflow fuel tank for just to make sure it always has good fuel delivery oh yeah and as my thread shows about it on here i have been recovering parts of it and repainting it to make it a tuskegee redtail p-51d...So far i have no complaints with the ARF other then you can tell it is of cheeper quality but all in all it is a decent plane so far as i can tell

JEXFIRE

ok. just wondering if they were like sibling companies or something similar. and can we agree that Pete has got one of the most annoying voices ever to be heard? lol not to sound too much like a jerk but geez! shutup and just fly the plane!

wolfman76

ok. just wondering if they were like sibling companies or something similar. and can we agree that Pete has got one of the most annoying voices ever to be heard? lol not to sound too much like a jerk but geez! shutup and just fly the plane!
no kidding all i watch review videos for is to see if the plane flies or not

Tony

Staff member
I won't mention any names but there is another forum owner out there that sounds like Kermit The Frog lmao. I can't watch him because I keep waiting for Miss Piggy to come in and ask him where he has been lmao.

JEXFIRE

lol right. i tend to look for vids on youtube of ppl unboxing and flying certain planes to maybe get an honest, no BS opinion. Check out this guy: killerplanes.com | he's pretty damn funny and watch. he's got some good ideas too

rice

Remember that heli? Yeah I still have not ordered that part lmao. $4 part, $11 shipping. NOT!!! hahaha. BH is nothing but BS in my book. I have never made an order from them and I never will. I'm trying to figure out what to do with this heli that is sitting here. I'm thinking about taking the Tx out and using it for a trainer plane at our local field. But with the coverage of those Tx's, I'm not so sure about that.
Hey Tony do you or anyone on here know where I can get a VTOL F35, Harrier or SU57?

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Almost bought from them years ago and so glad trusted my gut feeling. Just saved myself a whole bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

FlyElectric

lol right. i tend to look for vids on youtube of ppl unboxing and flying certain planes to maybe get an honest, no BS opinion. Check out this guy: killerplanes.com | he's pretty damn funny and watch. he's got some good ideas too
I love the art on that website! Pretty cool, has anyone every ordered from KillerPlanes? I saw something on there I would like. Always fun finding new people/web sites!

Top Bottom