Projects balsa paragon glider

z257

hi guys im almost finished with my balsa glider and i have i quick question. first it is only going to be a 3ch glider and i picked out some servos but now im wondering if i get a lipo battery what will i connect the battery to if the is no speed controller. on my heli the lipo connects to the esc or speed controller then the speed controller to the tx.
thx for your help
zack

Lee

You will be looking for a Receiver pack. This will plug into the RX BAT port or any free space on your RX. Check the voltage input for your RX most are between 4.8 and 6V. You can buy a 4 cell AA pack. I have three of them that i use for Helicopter set up.

RandyDSok

AA usually refers just to a size... not a type. Most of the rechargeable ones use NIMH batteries and would require a compatible charger for that type. The 4 cell NIMH is 4.8v and the 5 cell is 6v.

If just using standard alkaline batteries... you don't recharge these, you replace them.

If you already have a lipo charger, it may also support recharging NIMH's but you would need to check the manual to find out. I know the charger I got, which isn't a fancy one, can charge Pb ( lead acid ), NiCD, NiMH, LiFe as well as LiPo batteries.

z257

yep i just dusted off all my adapters and i have one that will fit a servo in it and a nXXX as well a lipo charger so it will work. thanks for your guys help and hopefully will have some pics up soon.

RandyDSok

Just remember... not all lipo chargers will work... only the chargers that are made to support that type will work

Derek

ooo yeah! I'm stoked to see some pics of this glider. I really like gliders. I hope you get it done and funtional quickly.

Derek

Yeah, I think so. I just hope that it flies as well as I see it flying in my head.

Top Bottom