General balancing main blades on a 130x

jmerl

I often run across information that talk about balancing your main blades on a 130x but never explain how. For the life of me I have studied the blade system and can't figure out where an adjustment can be made. Can anyone help me out on this one?

EyeStation

Most of the balancing jigs have a center pin that is slightly larger in diameter in the center of the pin than the blade screw holes. You will push a blade onto this pin from both ends, leaving the leading edges at the top.
Plop that pin with blades pointing level in either direction down onto the support rig and let the blades settle into a level position.
You can get them to be perfectly level by placing a small bit of tape or those decals they send with somewhere on the blade that is higher.
I will usually temporarily put the tape on the edge of the blade, only using a small portion of the adhesive to keep it in place to see how close I am to the right weight and position.

Slobberdog

Tbh these blades are only like 3 to 4 grammes so balancing is not so important, and it's easier to dynamic balance them on the heli,

add a small square of Sellotape to one blade and spool it up, if it seems worse than when you started swap the tape from on blade to the other,

But I have not had to balance a pair yet.

Top Bottom