Servos Bad servo

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello all. I had the chance to go flying over the weekend. I got 5 batteries in on my Tarot 450 before my heli decided to go into a tail spin on the sixth battery. During inspection, i thought it might be the tail servo went bad before the crash, of course. It turn out to be a ball linkage on the tail slider. I like to know what device or method you can use to test servos to see if they are going bad? It wasn't the servo that cause my crash this time but it did cross my mind about servo testing. Any suggestion is appreciated, Thank you in advance.

murankar

Staff member
Servo tester is all I can think of. You can run the servo to see his it is working and you'll be able to here what's going on with it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Servo tester is all I can think of. You can run the servo to see his it is working and you'll be able to here what's going on with it.

Hey Murankar, thanks. Sounds is one way to tell you say. I guess a twitching servo is a sign also? I have a ohms,volt,amp reader but for the house electrical. I was hoping to use that but I'll splurge for a servo tester then.

murankar

Staff member
Hobby king has one for a decent price. If the servo is acting strange on it then its possibly a bad servo. Tony has one and so does Derek. They say it works well.

Lee

I have an Icharger 308 Duo.
It has a built in servo tester.
Checks centering, speed, and and can be set to test a set number of cycles.
Great addition to a charger.

Admiral

I have never seen anything that can warn you of imminent servo failure, I do a quick visual check that everything is working before takeoff and since I started using better quality servos have never had a mid flight failure (Touch Wood). When I started out I had a couple of cheapies that developed glitches mid flight and a couple of crashes that may or may not have been servo failure, but more than likely pilot error, even if I blamed it on the servos at the time (LOL).

I have a servo tester that I find very handy with building and identifying damaged servos after a crash, if there's something better out there I'd love to know.

Dennis H

I have an Icharger 308 Duo.
It has a built in servo tester.
Checks centering, speed, and and can be set to test a set number of cycles.
Great addition to a charger.

Does the Icharger 406 have this feature. I am traveling and don't have it in front of me!

Thanks, Dennis

Top Bottom