Bad News

RCD

Glencairn Drone
So i went to the Cleveland RC Club Warbird Fly-in today. I brought the P-47, C-47, Zero and F4F wildcat.

As soon as i got there, i started to fly the C-47. One of the motors stopped spionning while i was flying. I landed it safely and realized one of the motor's bearing opened up. How could that have happened!!!????

After that misshap, i went to fly the P-47(My favorite plane). The grass was so thick that it wouldnt taxi! I finnally got it up and flew it nicely. I had a nice landing too.

Then i wanted to fly the Zero.......... Once again, the grass was super thick and it wouldnt taxi. I held it still on the ground and then gave it full throttle and let go. The plane nosed over and the ESC cought on fire!!!!! I unplugged it and the smoke stopped.

Two planes down today....

RCD

Glencairn Drone
The grass was short but it was just too dense. Tony, it was a HobbyLobby esc that caught fire

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If you fly in that kind of environment you may opt for bigger wheels. I had to do that on my hobbico trainer cause it was cutting the grass with the prop during take offs and landings.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Cant put bigger wheels because the wheels retract into a hole in the wing that is a certain size

RCD

Glencairn Drone
The fielde i usually fly at has a grass runway that is simmular to a golf course's grass. Paved runways just chew up the plane. lol

Tony

Staff member
My club has a paved runway. Not good for belly landers lol. But, should be pretty good for the Edge 540. We will find out though.

Top Bottom