Bad Morning :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well this morning I decided to take my 450 CoastGuard scale heli for a flight since she hasn't seen any air time for awhile. Half way through the flight, she seem like power was decreasing and increasing without me moving the throttle. As I was trying to land to avoid crashing but it was to late and this what happen :(. Oh well, poop happens lol. I guess it's time to fine a new fuselage but not sure what to get this time and from whom? Any suggestion would be appreciated. IMG_3853.JPG

Admiral

That's not good, Roban seem to have a good selection of 450 size, something with a straight tail, I like the Hughes 500 plenty of room to work on them only drawback the skids are a bit delicate.

Geena

Staff member
So sorry to see this, Ivan. :( You might want to check out Roban. They have a pretty good selection of 450 size fuselages.

Home

Tony

Staff member
Ah it's no worry. I don't expect anyone other than computer nerds to actually look into the address bar to see where it was supposed to go and find another way there lmao. They need to fix THEIR SITE rather than relying on nerds like me to reroute people lol.

Admiral

The Guy that I fly with had that model, he had a tri-blade head and ran it on S4 flew extremely well.

IMG_0011.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Still even it's not yours Admiral, it looks sweet. Well I finally dissected the 450 frame from the broken fuselage and found out what went wrong. The tail boom holder came loose enough to loose the tail boom enough to make the belt loose. Lesson learn. Till I get my new fuselage this is what the heli is going to look like for the time being. I still have to make the wires look nice and do some adjusting plus go through the set up again but it will work for the time being :). IMG_3855.JPG

Admiral

Hi D.O.G., something to note about that model, it's end came when the ply frame inside the body broke and it shook itself apart and crashed mid flight, it seems to be a failing with scale fuselages, we fail to check the integrity of the parts we don't see. If I ever get the retracts sorted out on the coast guard I'm going to have to watch that, to date tail failures have claimed just about all my scale helicopter.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Your so right Admiral about not checking integrity of parts we don't see. The frame being tight in the fuselage doesn't help either. I was just lazy and ASSUME everything was just fine. Obviously not. Another lesson learned :(.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Alrighty then. After looking around and pricing fuselage, I found a Airwolf 450 fuselage that I really like scaleflying.de - Airwolf Version but not for $150.00. Not yet anyway. So after looking at my damage coastguard fuselage. I decided to give it a try and fix it first. Last night I used some CA glue to hold the parts together in place til I get to an automotive store and purchase a fiberglass repair kit. IMG_4096.JPG I'll do the best I can and give painting the fuselage a try too. If that doesn't come out right by then I should have saved up enough $$$$ for the Airwolf fuselage.

Admiral

It can be done, I had a bad blade strike on a 450 Cobra fusalarge that I repaired with fibreglass then used a sanding surface filler on it and sanded back with wet & dry. The repair came up well, matching the paint was the only issue I had but the end result was good when I finally found the right paint.

Top Bottom