250 Bad Crash

Matt

Bad crash with my “brand new” Blade 230s V2. Luckily it’s only going to cost me $41 to fix it.. it got away from me and smashed upside down into the pavement.. luckily I didn’t do this with one of my more expensive helis..

I have to replace the frame, the blade grips, the canopy, and the main gear..

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes we all feel for you Matt but it happens to all of us...sooner or later :). Just learn from your mistake, fix it and fly again.

Matt

Yup, you’re right.. I just have to fix it..

luckily I’ve got 6 helis now so I’m not out, just got to fly a different heli..

Last edited:

Admiral

I've been told the day you stop crashing is the day you stop learning, hell I must have learned a lot. LOL

murankar

Staff member
that's not bad at all. You should see my goblin crash. $375 later it was flying. Still Sucks though.

Matt

My Blade Nano S2 doesn’t crash like this 230S. My Nano is a lot more resilient to crashing. I’ve crashed my Nano a million times, into pavement and everything and it still flys like it’s brand new. If I would have only flown my Nano over grass it would probably still look brand new. I need a canopy and a tail boom for it, everything else isn’t broken.

I think too, I’ve got to get into the habit of hitting throttle hold when I see the heli about to crash. I think that would help and not make the crash too costly.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
so do i. When I crashed I had switched the throttle on and off almost 7 times. I was scared, the 570 flew towards me.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
A 570 could do some damage or if it gets you just right it could probably kill you

This hobby is a dangerous one. Any size RC craft could do some sort of damage. That's why they say,"It's not a toy" Need to be safe no matter what you do :).

murankar

Staff member
Start watch at 7 minutes 15 seconds. Or watch the whole thing. It was flight 3 on the 570.
Destroyed,

Majn gear, auto hub
Main grips and arms
Canopy cracked
Main and tail blades
Boom nylon bolts
Bearings in both main and tail grips
Servo arms
Skids

It was a nice one. Scary too.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I remember watching this and yes anything head back toward you, with out having control of it, is scary. Did you ever find out why it decided to have a mind of it's own?

Matt

this is a cut I got recently from my XK K120. I was in IU2 in my living room and it was difficult to control because it was in IU2 and I ran into my leg. I could only imagine if it was a bigger heli and how much bigger the cut would be if it wasn’t a small heli.

Last edited:
Top Bottom