450 backwards flight 3gx tail blow out

brent

Hi everyone, just switched fbl units on my 450, was flying the coptorx 3x2000 it was okay but when trying to do ff rolls it would lift the nose a little when inverted and stop the ff.
After taking the 3gx off my 700n because the swash would tip all over the place on spool up probably vibes as it was okay in the air I thought surely it would be better than the coptor x fbl unit so put it on the 450.
Really happy with the cyclic control nice ff rolls but when flying left hand backwards upright circuits or inverted rh circuits the tail blows out a full 180 degrees almost like its not in head hold also did it if I tried ail tic tocs but would hold doing rh backwards upright circuits.
Going to play around with it now but if anyone has any suggestions it would really help
Thanks
Brent.

brent

update...
increased the pitch compensation a little in the soft ware which helped a lot when I test flew it again but it still wasn't enough to hold it in fast backwards lh curcuits.
Tonight I've filed the main tail hub grub screw hole a little so I could slide it out a few mm giving me more throw,
I also filed some off the pitch slider arm so it can get closer to the tail assembly before hitting the screw and bind,
Can hardly wait to get outside tomorrow to test fly again as from what I've read this is a common problem with the 450 pro.

Lee

I would have stuck with the CX Unit and dialled down the Pitch gain.
Good luck with the test tomorrow :)

brent

Oh good thinking Lee thanks. I was thinking I'd just convert my Dads hk450 to fbl with it, at the most he might do a loop but who knows might be able to teach him rolls after all. Anyway flew the 3gx again at lunch with great success, tail held real well in fast backwards hurricanes left and right going out to do some more "testing" now still not 100% percent confident with it but time will tell.

Top Bottom