Backing Up My Computer...

Tony

Staff member
So there was a smoking deal yesterday on an 8TB HDD. Not only is it 8 Terabytes but it is a WD RED HDD, which is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) HDD (Hard Disk Drive). And I got it for $160. Not too shabby considering this is a $300 drive.

So today I get to take the crapton of drives that I have in my desktop and put them all on this one drive. I have 4 drives in my computer and every one of them are full. Over the years, I have acquired the drives because I needed them. Now, I need a bigger one so that I can clean all of these out lol.

I'm sitting here watching the drives in Task Manager and the WD RED drive is running at about 50% write while my F drive which is my old 1.5TB video back up drive is running at 100% read. I think I should have picked up a couple of these drives lol.

Once I get them cleaned out, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the small drives. My primary drive (C drive) is a 1TB SSD so I will still have the space to store things and the speed I need for video editing and such. Maybe I will setup another media server lol.

What would you do with all of the extra drives?

Top Bottom