Back yet again! What's going on?

Ken Jackson

Been too busy this year to get out much. Bought a new plane a couple months ago. First balsa Plane. 48" Extreme 540T EXP.

For your entertainment, my maiden flight and then my horrible crash. I really don't like posting a crash but this one was such a bone head move I've had to accept it. Caption explains what I saw when I watched it back. Totally went brain dead.

Ken

Edge 540T EXP Maiden - YouTube

And the crash

Edge 540T EXP Crashed Hard - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
That is (was) such a great plane. It's pretty much the same as my 540T and I love that plane. I have almost done the exact same thing but was able to pull out of it with hard elevator and a LOT of luck. Are you able to repair it or is it a rekit? And good to see some videos again. We don't get many planes anymore.

RandyDSok

Aaah man.... I know that hurts... Extreme Flight makes great planes ( as do 3D Hobby Shop whom they are now joined up with )

Tony

Staff member
don't mind Randy, I'm pretty sure he works for 3DHS... lmao. He never would let me fly his planes though for me to know... :chuckles:

Ken Jackson

Here are some pictures. I guy saw my video on line and contacted me via messenger to say his friend had one he wanted to sell. So the price was right and now I have another 540. I was so crushed especially on a brain fart crash. Wasn't like I was doing anything cool.

Edge 540T EXP

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that one hurt quite a bit. That was the 3rd flight. You never forget the sound it makes or how you feel once you get home. It doesn't set in at the field. You just collect your broken pieces, hey no big deal, then you cry on your way home. Not because you crashed but because you have to tell your significant other, lol.

The extreme is cool but so is the 3D hobby shop planes.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

I missed that you work for them. Got any coupons, LOL!

Ken

Last edited:

RandyDSok

LOL....

I don't work for them although Tony harasses me about it every chance he gets ( and rightfully so if for no other reason to get even for whatever last harassment I gave him )... I just have several of their planes... the Extreme Flight planes are in the same league ... Before the two company's joined up together... the owners of each would often recommend the other's product as easily as their own. Both were and now together are great.

BTW... I didn't let Tony fly mine... because I've seen him fly his... lolololol

Stambo

Ouch, that sickening thud at the end.
The thing about this is no matter how much crap others give you, you have already given yourself a lot worse.
A bit like when I flew an FPV quad off in to the night, never to be seen again. :(
I did so many things wrong that I would give others crap for, I deserved to lose it. :)

Ken Jackson

I lost an MCPxBL the same way. Wasn't at night just thought i could handle the wind. Turned out I was flying away from myself. Looked in the woods for a couple days. Had it for a week. Duh...

Ken

Top Bottom