Chargers B6AC

Graham Lawrie

Been using my charger a lot lately. Went to charge tonight, all ok pressed start and it went blank and back to the start screen:( Any ideas?

Lee

Something plugged in wrong? A short somewhere? Some reason it maybe overloaded? Just some guesses.

Graham Lawrie

I cant see anything obvious:( I was charging my 4500mah 6s for the 600 and it stopped. I am taking it to work tomorrow and I will get my electricians to look at it:)

Tony

Staff member
Hook it up to your car battery and see if it does it there. If not, then more than likely the power supply has went out inside it. It's just a lappy power supply.

I have the same charger, I was wondering, if I were to hook up two 2s batteries in series, I could charge them at the same time as a 4s sell? Although I would need space for the two balance plugs.... hmmm.... bugger

Tony

Staff member
If you want to charge them on Balance Charge, then you need to run them in parallel. If they are 2000mah each, then your 1c charge rate for the two would be 4 amps. If you just want to do a fast charge on them with no balance, then yes, you can wire them up in series and charge them at 2a.

I would HIGHLY suggest if you are wanting to charge more than one battery, that you get a balance board. I can tell you this, the B6AC is NOT big enough for multiple battery charging. I have some 2200's that I charge at 5 amps, but the charger can only put out about 4.3 amps max. Just on my 2200's, I need a larger 300w charger, which is 6x bigger than the B6AC. But, I"m thinking 1000w and 24v hehe. Go Big, Or Go HOME!!!

Graham Lawrie

Hook it up to your car battery and see if it does it there. If not, then more than likely the power supply has went out inside it. It's just a lappy power supply.

Stripped today, circuit board is goosed:( new charger required:)

That sucks Graham, but means you now have the chance to upgrade to a nice new charger ;)

Ok guys, if I want to upgrade to a nice new big charger also, maybe something capable of charging multiple batteries, and preferably charging these batteries quickly

Graham Lawrie

Will be tomorrow now, after a day at the beach:) I got a new charger from Ebay, and at the end of the first battery charge I removed it at the beeps, the display started flashing then pop, second charger gone!!

I plugged it in after 10 minutes and it said wrong input current(it was on the mains) nothing plugged in other than the main supply, it flashed with no writing on the display, then pop, Contacted the seller, then read their feedback, not holding out much hope on a refund.

New charger on order from HK:)

Tony

Staff member
Well that sucks. If you used paypal, you should be able to file a dispute. Not sure over there. Hope your latest new charger works good for you.

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Tony, I did use Paypal for that very reason. I have contacted the seller twice now, and he has had similar issues with other chargers. Part my fault, looks like a fake:( Bought the genuine won from HK. Don't know why I did not get it from them in the first place:(

Top Bottom