Micro Avatar F103 and Z008 Not Binding

obinaija

If this matter has been dealt with in an older thread, please, kindly point me to it.
I have had the F103 for more than a year and the Z008 for six months. They both had worked like a dream until I came back from a three-month absence. Before I left on my trip, I had charged up all my helis (and I have quite a few of different makes). Coming back, I recharged everything again. All other craft are working fine except the two Avatars. The helis and the controllers light up as they should but no bind. Strange that the F103 and the Z008 should behave exactly the same! What have I not tried? I even suspected that the room lighting might be at fault: tried binding in the dark. Put fresh batteries in the two controllers. Disabled the TVs.... Nothing doing. This is uncanny, what?

Tony

Staff member
I hate to say this, but this is the issue with these little chinese helicopters. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and they can die without warning. Hope you get it figured out soon, but my suggestion is to upgrade to something like the Blade Mcx or for a quad, the Mqx.

obinaija

Unfortunately, these Chinese things are mostly all we can get in my neck of the woods. Believe it or not, most US stores like Amazon won't ship to Nigeria and other such countries. They probably have their reasons. Besides, prices of products and shipping from US and Europe are, well, not encouraging. As 'developing' or '4th' world, we're in a special situation - You take what you can get.

Having said all that, there's no doubt that a lot of the Chinese products are substandard even at the prices we get them for. My two Avatars are a case in point. What can one do? Some, it must be said, are of good quality (for the price) like my Syma S107, V911, U820, U818A quad, etc., some of which I've had for three years and they're still cracking.

I often travel Europe for work. I see a product and it's twice the price from China - and it's still made in China! Don't get it.

I hope you see why I'm stuck in the Chinese market. Those of you in the States don't know how good you have it.

Stay cool and blessed, All.

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, I completely understand and couldn't imagine having that little reach to everything this world has to offer. I know you are doing the best you can and the fact that you are still pushing in this hobby is astounding. But in all honesty, I have no idea why one would lose a bind and not bind again. I just don't have experience with them.

obinaija

I have put the Avatar F103 and Z008 wahala behind me, for the time being. I can't help thinking, though, that somehow my ignorance may be at the root of the problems. And I hope so!

Meantime, I'm consumed in my enjoyment of the WL V911s. They are awsome - as you guys would say. They are clearly not in the league of many of the RC's I read about in this forum, but to be honest, I do not recall an activity giving me as much pleasure as flying my V911s (I have four). After one year of trying, only in the past three days have I eventually learned to fly them right; to trim and hover them for the extent of battery drain (7-9 minutes). Not another crash since. Before then, they took off straight into the concrete walls or ceiling or floor. And I have a parlour the size of a schoolyard. Could never figure them out. The best I did was fly from the balcony over the street, which consisted in launching it over the space for a few seconds until it crashed into something. The kids run it up to me and I launch again and again. Thrilled the heck out of the neighbourhood kids though. Can't wait for a wind-calm day to display my 10-minute hover with all the moves and spins.

Top Bottom