Spektrum auto leval for a quad and dx6i

sherpa

can anybody help? I want it off the stick and on a switch! I'm not great at setups! Lord help me I'm just not that bright! I have a KK2 lcd board that's easy to program auto level. Either stick or aux Help!

Lee

Plug the AUX from the Board to your RX, into Gear channel.
Gear switch on your radio should then allow you to switch between Acro and Self level.
To check if the gear switch is working, goto the monitor menu in the radio, and flick the gear switch to see if it moves the cursor.
Give that a go and let us know if you need more help.

sherpa

Doesn't work. I set the Quad up in heli and apparently can't access gear. I'm beginning to think I should have set it up in acro but it flies great. another switch maybe?

sherpa

Only if the model is acro. I set my quad as heli. That's where the problem is I think. I really don't want to start over because it flies great.

- - - Updated - - -

you can't get to the gear switch if the model is heli

Lee

Turn off the transmitter.
Hold down the two buttons on the front and switch on.
This gets you to the raw menu.
click the scroll wheel.
Go to switch select menu.
Set GEAR to the switch that you want to use.
That should do it. :)

Stambo

All of my quads are set to acro but then the Taranis lets you do whatever you want.
I have the autolevel assigned to the gear switch but I leave it permanently on with my KK2s.
But then I haven't even attempted flips and rolls.
It flies just fine with it on.

sherpa

no joy. All I get is the set up menu. No switch select menu. Only button is throttle cut. its a dx6i. Is it possible to set up two models on a Spektrum radio on the same quad with one receiver to compare acro and heli

Lee

You have many models available on your radio.
Go to Model select and set it to an new model.
Now go through the set up again.
Once you have the radio set up the way you need it, just bind it to your model.
If you want to switch between the two, you just have to bind it again to the new model.

As for the self level switch.
Your gear switch should function to change from acro to self level.
If it is assigned to gear in the menu and you have the aux wire plugged into gear on the RX, it should work.

Its hard to know if you are doing it right. A video of your settings will clear things up in no time.

sherpa

So I made an acro model to try and got the gear switch to work auto level but nothing else does but I'm working on it though. I want to thank all who helped. I'll post when I get it in the air with the acro model!

sherpa

Okay new acro model in the air, sort of. gear switch works auto level good. bad rudder is funky won't stop going round and round and to arm i have to go down anleft instead of right! HELP!

Top Bottom