450 Assan GA 250 Help!!!

mousie

I just purchased one of these to replace my old drifting detrum gy48.Not sure I made the right choice. I paired it with an align DS 520 tail servo set that by the manual for the correct hz.My problem comes when I try to set the high and low end limits. It says pull stick to left and then set the limit but not sure how to set the limit. nothing happens.The gyro has to much travel on one side and I need to decrease it.I tried doing it through my Airtronics rds 8000 tx but nothing happends. Can someone help before I toss this thing in the trash.

murankar

Staff member
If I remember; as you pull the rudder left the pitch slider should move slowly to one direction. Once you "bottom out" the slider back it off just a little bit so it does not bind. Once set flick the switch so the gyro advances to the next limit. You'll know which side it wants by what direction the slider jumps. When it jumps it will be at the factory set limit.

I hear a lot of good feed back on the gyro, but I could never get it to work right. I may have broke it on a hard landing or it was faulty from the factory. Either way I upgraded mine. You may not have the same experience with it as I did. I hope this helps.

mousie

If I remember; as you pull the rudder left the pitch slider should move slowly to one direction. Once you "bottom out" the slider back it off just a little bit so it does not bind. Once set flick the switch so the gyro advances to the next limit. You'll know which side it wants by what direction the slider jumps. When it jumps it will be at the factory set limit.

I hear a lot of good feed back on the gyro, but I could never get it to work right. I may have broke it on a hard landing or it was faulty from the factory. Either way I upgraded mine. You may not have the same experience with it as I did. I hope this helps.

Yes but how do you back the slider off? I pull the stick full left and it has to much travel so I back the stick back alittle then flip the switch.But when I try it it still throws full travel and binds my servo.

murankar

Staff member
Is your mechanical setup good on the tail? Is your Pitch slider centered? Is the tail push rod the right length? What I did to check for center is I aligned the tail grip counter weights and used that as a starting point.

Once that is all good then try and to do the travel limits again and see if that fixes the issue.

Another thing is try to back it off more than you were and see if it stills binds. The one thing I did notice from time to time was that your travel end points were not where you set them. This was not a problem for me because it only did it sometimes and when it did I just reset the points. I have not used my GA-250 in some and I am trying to fuhgeddaboudit.

mousie

Hey guys,I went on youtube and got it figured out.I was doing my end points wrong.Need to flip the rate switch and when tail goes full left then back it off with stick let stick go to center then flip switch.Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom