450 Artech falcon aileron servo doesn't get full throw for left stick but gets full right

Dizzle000

Hey guys I was playin around with my falcon today cleaning it up fixing odds and ends after my last crash she was a good one for sure .so my question is I noticed while lubing parts and making sure everything was moving correctly,that my aileron servo would throw full right stick but only a little bit when I pushed left stick .I went into the controller setting in the d/r and expo setting to see and noticed exactly what I saw on the servo but it looked like it won't even let it throw left . I don't really kno how to explain it so I took a pic I'm at centre stick in the photo but it says I'm pushing right stick? Could this be a bad servo or something wrong with my controller? I tried changing the end points and some other stuff but nothing seamed to work. Plz help I have one pic at centre stick and the other is at full left stick
Kyle

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dizzle000

Re: Artech falcon aileron servo doesn't get full throw for left stick but gets full r

Ok so I think I figured it out I did a little digging after a little scotch to calm me down,I found directions to recalibrate my flysky controller. Did the calibration process so it would kno full stick for both left and right stick and bam went into dr and expo and not at mid/centre stick sits where it should and get ful left and right travel. Plugged in my heli and tried moving aileron full left and right moves equal now. If anyone has a flysky fs-th9x and has or had this problem I'm more than willing to find the directions I used and post them up.
Kyle

Dizzle000

Re: Artech falcon aileron servo doesn't get full throw for left stick but gets full r

ok well back to this thread lol .i looked online found a thing on how to recalibrate my controller worked perfect for about 20 mins ,now i am trying to set up my 3gx on my new 450 pro and well its starting to piss me off .i think i may have to ditch the 120 dollar controller, and go buy a dx8 or something .has anyone else had this problem? is it because it is a cheap controller or what ?i didn't have this problem until recently it worked fine with my falcon. this is staring to really confuse me i set up my heli exactly like tonys vids ,and to what the manuel said for the linkage length .i centered my servos, but when i am at mid stick i get a ton of negative pitch, when i go low right stick i get even more negative pitch and when i go full up stick i get probably zero pitchand,it is like the uper links are to short and i checked checked and double checked them . it doesnt help at all that while im trying to set it up the aileron jumps around making the servo twitch all over. could it be interferance with my controller? i am totaly lost now and have no idea what to do....it really sucks when u spend a ton of money one thing then you have to turn around and spend a ton more. now i know what people meen by this is the (rich man sport).

Tony

Staff member

I have not replied to this thread because I have NO idea about anything in that Tx. IMO, I would at least get a DX6i. If you can afford a Dx8, then you will never have to purchase another Tx again. That's not saying that you won't, because that DX18 looks pretty awesome lol. If you had the DX6i or DX8, then I would know exactly what to say to get you going. But with yoru current Tx, I have no idea.

orbi

nope Dizzle..... its not a rich mans sport... not if you buy the right thing first time around.! my advice is to buy quality and save for it if you have to. build your own bird. never buy second hand unless you know the person, there s just too many things that go wrong and need fixing with stuff like that. once you buy a good RX like the spektrum dx6i say.. it will last you out. same goes for good servo s try the turnigy 306 HV same price as normal ones $23 HK. get a real good tail servo like futaba 9527. get quality stuff and save a fotune.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean the Tx spektrum radio of course

- - - Updated - - -

I had a similar prob with a tail servo, i got no right stick. make sure its centred properly.

Stambo

How long have you had the 9x?
I have had mine for a year and a half, I fly everything from my micro heli's and quads, my 450 and 500 quads and my Trex 500.
It gets used every day and thrashed and I have never had a problem with it.

Are you using standard or modified firmware?
If modified have you installed downloaded files from the Internet?

There is also further information here on pot problems.

Last edited:

Dizzle000

I have had my 9x for bout a year and a half only ever used it for my arttech falcon then I got my 450 pro 3gx and then it just started acting wierd I have never change or modified the software I recalibrate it and everything finally I have up thought I'd cut my losses save it for a backup, and I went and bought a dx8 I would still like to get it to work.

Stambo

Check that link I gave, it gives info on some of the pot problems people have been having and how to fix them.
This sounds like what is happening but without seeing it it's hard to know.

At this stage I have full faith in mine, I fly my Trex 500 with it so I guess I have to.

murankar

Staff member
I have that same radio and have not had an issue with it yet. Well except for the fact that I bricked it. I got a new one and flashed it. One major upgrade I did was with the tx module and RX. I got the frsky module but have not had a chance to fly it.

I was able to set my radio up using Tony's video on that was done on the exi pro TT edition. The menus seemed to follow nicely with the dx6i. One known issue with the flysky firm ware is that the channel mixing does not work. It a bug that never got fixed and I don't think it will.

Frsky has come out with a complete radio setup that looks promising. Check out YouTube on it.

Top Bottom