Prop Art Tech Diamond 2500 powered Glinder

I have been flying for about a year and a half and own four planes, a Dragon Wing 4 channel trainer/glider, ( total piece of dung), a Sky Surfer 4 channel power glider, ( who's glider ratio leaves a lot to be desired), a six foot glow powered Telemaster that flies great and my all time favorite, my Radian.

I have been visiting a few of the local clubs and their fly ins. One group in particular has peaked my interest. This group flies nothing but large scale, (I have always had a soft spot in my heart for large scale planes). To fly with them you must have a plane that has a minimum of an 80 inch wing span. My Radian is unfortunately a just over an inch short. To this end I have been eyeballing the Art Tech Diamond 2500 http://www.nitroplanes.com/at-2209e-diamond2500-4ch-arf.html . I have watched every video I can find on the plane and it appears to have plenty of power to get up there, it seems real "floaty" and it is in the range of my wallet. Is there anyone that has input or an opinion, either good or bad, on the Diamond?

not my cup of tea, but looks like a nice bird.
It seems punchy enough, and should have the glide ratio you're after.
I would ask have you considered building one, but at the price they are going for, hard to beat!
I'm looking at building and should be about the size you're looking at, but it will be a warbird, so it's glide ratio will be similar to that of a brick

Thank you Corsair. I built a glider during my younger days but it took me 6 month to complete. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of time anymore. What with the new ARF's and RTF's it doesn't make a lot of sense to build anymore. I have had to "dead stick" my Telemaster a few times and I was pleasantly surprised with its glide ratio.

Yeah I don't really have the time, but I would like to take the challenge and will see what I come up with.
I want something big, and the kits are crazy expensive for what I want to build.
Mate I can't wait to see what you get and some pics and vids of it flying!

Top Bottom