Spektrum AR8000

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their AR8000 binding to their DX8?
I seem to be having issues. I know my Tx is fine, I've hooked up an orange rx to the Tx and it all works. I can't seem to get the Ar8000 to work at all. Just checking to see if anyone else is having issues?
Could my tx being in DSM2 or DSMX mode be a problem? I thought it would automatically switch between the two as needed?

Tony

Staff member
Are you plugging the wires in correctly? On teh AR8000, the GROUND goes towards the label.

At the time I did check quite thoroughly.
I will have another go at it at another time.
Will it matter if the satellite was in it or not? It seemed to register that it was bound, but I couldn't get any other signal from it.
I will have another shot at it tonight or tomorrow and post my response, and show pics as needed

Derek

I had the same issue when I was binding my AR8000. The wires are backwards compared to what I'm use to. If you lie the AR8000 flat on your table, the black wires will be on top of the other two.....just as Tony said. I couldn't guess why Spektrum did this with this rx vs their others, but, it is what it is.

Flip those wires around and you should be in great shape!

Thanks guys! I'll have a look again and see what I can do!
It was odd, but I will have a look and see how it works. Means i can put the rx back on the helicopter and work on it later. Will also mean I should be good to run with this rx in the corsair eventually

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Interesting, I just set up a new Heli with a AR7610 and the ground is on the top as mentioned.. Though me off at first too...

I'll put this one on my heli and see if i can get it to work, it's the easiest one to test to see if it works.
See where I go from there

alan

I had the same issue when I was binding my AR8000. The wires are backwards compared to what I'm use to. If you lie the AR8000 flat on your table, the black wires will be on top of the other two.....just as Tony said. I couldn't guess why Spektrum did this with this rx vs their others, but, it is what it is.

Flip those wires around and you should be in great shape!

I finally got the thing to bind but what I am attempting to do is link a 3gx with a AR8000. how do I link the power supply from the esc? from just where to where do I connect the three strand wire?.. do you have to use Aug 2 or aug 3 to connect the two? does it make a diffrence which one? is there a way you can connect the two units without using up these two channels? and if so how do you do i?

Derek

No problem, Alan! You are going to need this video:

Rc-Help - 3GX Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring

Tony did up a whole series on setting up the 3GX (with and without a separate receiver). If you haven't seen the RCH Series on the 3GX, I strongly suggest that you take a few minutes to watch the video. They are very informative and Tony did a great job with explaining what to do.

alan

I am still foggy on just which port on the AR8000 is considered the battery port when linking the Ar8000 and a 3Gx? is it the bind/data or the throttle port?

remembered the trick about reversing the servo wires and it fired up. But I really thought I had blown my 8000 when i coud not get it to bind at all but I when I changed satelittes it worked but I have not tried it again with it connected with the 3gx. these things are expensive i have become gun shy about how to connect the power between these two, the AR and 3gx.
most of it is very clear but one step..linking the power using one battery pack. my issue is does the throttle/esc/bec wire connect to the 3gx thr port and then connect a three wire from s.bind/bind to aux2, or does it need to goto aux3? or just to the throttle port, or do I use the bind port on the ar8000? or does it run from the batt/aux to the throttle or aux2? or throttle? I know that this sounds like the same question but i just don't get it.
thanks

Slobberdog

what Tx you using with the AR 8000 if its DX8 then you would be better off connecting the sats to the 3gx direct and binding that way

bbj

I connected the battery from my esc to the 3gx THR port. I then connected my 3gx Sbus/bind to my ar9020 batt port using the power white/black/red wire. I see no bat port is on the ar8000 but watching Tony's video I think it should be the bind/dat port. Since your going to bind from this port you should use the y wire harness and connect the power to one end of this harness and use your bind clip in the other end when you want to bind.

Top Bottom