Spektrum AR8000 Power Connection ?

acestu

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if someone could tell how the AR8000 is powered, as far as I can see if you are using an ESC then it can be powered by that if it has an integral bec, however if you don't where do you connect a ubec power supply to ?, do you use the Bind/Data port ?

Thanks in advance
Acestu

Derek

Actually, If you are using a UBEC, the positive and negative leads will be soldered to the positive and negative leads of your ESC. I have this setup on a few of my planes and, on the lead from the ESC that goes to the Rx, I have the positive wire removed because the Rx will then get it's power from the BEC and only needs the signal from the ESC.

If you are using a separate receiver battery (a 6.6v LiFe battery), you can plug that into the Bind/Data port to supply the power to the Rx.

acestu

Actually, If you are using a UBEC, the positive and negative leads will be soldered to the positive and negative leads of your ESC. I have this setup on a few of my planes and, on the lead from the ESC that goes to the Rx, I have the positive wire removed because the Rx will then get it's power from the BEC and only needs the signal from the ESC.

If you are using a separate receiver battery (a 6.6v LiFe battery), you can plug that into the Bind/Data port to supply the power to the Rx.

Hi Mountain,

Yes I figured it out, that all of the ground and pos pins are connected together on the receiver, I have managed to bind it and get 3 servos working which is all I have, it sounds silly but I am getting excited and I haven't even built my quad yet, I might get a RTF model to play around with until I get my big one done, there is a guy that builds and sells them on youtube quite cheap...

Thanks
Acestu

Top Bottom