FBL Gyro AR7300BX

DeWayne

ok guys the new AR7300BX looks like it just replaced the 7200, my question is do you have to have a separate battery to power it or just the same as the 7200 and just plug in the esc in the throttle port i was wanting a AR7200BX don't want a used one and every where i go they have the ar7300bx I 'm kinda lost with the 7300 and i read you need high voltage servos with it...I have the Trex 550E Pro DFC and the servos are not HV that i know of there DS615 and DS655

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey DeWayne, you can order AR7200BX from E-Bay for $179.00. I have two AR's already for my Tarot450/Gaui X3 and i need to get one more for my scale heli that I started to build. Hope that helps you out.

Tony

Staff member
You don't need to run HV servos, but unlike the 7200, the 7300 can handle the HV servos. Just think of it as the 7200, but better. Setup should be the same as the 7200. IMO, if you are not going to run the HV servos with the unregulated ports to the sevos, then do as dog stated and head over to ebay and pick up a brand new 7200 there. You will love it, I know I love mine lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You don't need to run HV servos, but unlike the 7200, the 7300 can handle the HV servos. Just think of it as the 7200, but better. Setup should be the same as the 7200. IMO, if you are not going to run the HV servos with the unregulated ports to the sevos, then do as dog stated and head over to ebay and pick up a brand new 7200 there. You will love it, I know I love mine lol.

I didn't know that you can't run HV servos with the AR7200BX. I have been using KST 215MG servo all around my Tarot/Gaui for over 6 month easily and i haven't had a problem with either bird yet.

Tony

Staff member
Forgot to add, it's not just the voltage (which the 7200 can handle), it's the amperage that the servos are pulling that has killed other controllers. Sorry about that. Most all servos are going to be fine though.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's what I'm talking about Dewayne. You should be very happy with that unit. Good luck and videos, please.

DeWayne

I hope so i have heard nothing but good things about the ar7200bx and the BeastX as well i have a 3gx right now and it has a lots of settings and i noticed it can get touchy and you only have a few secs to set each flight mode settings...the 7200 seems to be a little for user friendly and i like that you don't have to select the swashplate type in the radio just the 7200

Tony

Staff member
There are still time limits on most parameters, but there are also others with no time limit. But trust me, it's simple to set up. Just take a look at my BX setup videos for some help.

murankar

Staff member
Keep in mind that if your BEC is set for 4.## volts - 6.## volts your not in a high voltage situation. Once you kick in 7+ volts then your in a high voltage situation. So yes DOG you can run the KST 215s all day long and twice on sunday. This is because you are running a lower voltage from the BEC.

According to Specktrum: ar7200bx can handle a "Voltage Range: 3.5 to 8.5V". This is defiantly getting into HV range. As for the 7300 here is what the manual says "Voltage input range: 3.5-9.6V". These are both for the input range.

DeWayne

So the way I'm getting it you don't have to have a external battery plugged in..you can plug straight from the esc with built in bec into the Throttle port and the ar7300bx will work like the 7200 am i understanding this right?

murankar

Staff member
Yes, kind of. If you want an external battery from the flight pack then on the throttle lead from the esc unplug the red wire. This will leave the signal and negative wires. Keep in mind that when using an RX pack you will get full voltage from the battery to the RX and you will need to ensure your system can handle full power from that pack.

With the internal BEC you can regulate how much power comes out. Not all ESCs have this ability so check with your owners manual to make sure yours does. On my X3 I am running an external BEC off the main flight pack. I can adjust my output voltage to my system as I see fit. Right now I am running close to 6 volts because my tail servo cant handle anything more. once I upgrade that then I will be able to run over 6v and get the better performance my servos have to offer.

leedude1

How would you compare the 3000 to the 7200

Im thinking of picking one up to eventually replace my 3gx it appears to be wider than the 7200 does it fit on the top of a 450?

Tony

Staff member
You mean the 7300? It's going to work much better than the 3gx. As for size, I'm not sure. Never owned one. I would try to save a few bucks and just get the 7200 off eBay or get the one Lee has for sale on here. 7300 os for those that want to run high voltage servos.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I can comment on the 7300, I own 2. A bit larger then the 7200 at 38mm wide. I have one on my 700N and fits nicely between the 46mm frames. May be tough to fit on a 450 because don't forget the power lead coming out the front. And the switch it comes with is a nice addition for sure.
T

leedude1

Well, I lucked out.

Went fishing for the weekend and passed a LHS I had dealt with in the past on the way. Stopped in and asked if he happened to have an AR7200BX still laying around by chance.. Said no, but he called his distributor and they actually still had one still left..SHHHHWING :chickendance:... should get it by next Friday or so at a reduced price to $150 CAD$ because of its discontinued status . Too sweet really. Karma was shining on me for that one (no fish though :puppy_dog_eyes:) but hey cant have it all.

In the meantime, I'm gonna check out the set up vids over the next few days.

Top Bottom