FBL Gyro Ar7210bx Set Up - Menu Point I Problem

Cyclone 7

In need of help please! I am setting up an AR7210BX . No mixing, no expo, linear curves etc and Normal 1 servo set up in the Tx, before starting. Everything has been fine until Menu Point I (Swashplate Servo Directions). I have the swashplate moving up and down correctly and the Status Light showing Red Solid, after reversing the pitch servo on the Tx.

However I can only get the swashplate to act correctly for Aileron and Elevator control as well, by swapping the Elevator servo to the Ch1 port and the Pitch servo to the Ch3 port(ie reversing them) and then reversing the Aileron & Elevator throws on the Tx.

Original servo to port allocation was per Spektrum's standard ie Ch1 Pitch, Ch2 Aileron, Ch3 Elevator & Ch4 Rudder but whilst I can get the swasplate up and down movement correct with this configuration, it throws Aileron & Elevator into disarray.

I notice on one of the BeastX site's pages that they refer to Ch1 as Elevator & Ch3 as Pitch, the exact opposite allocation to Spektrum's set up which is odd considering the collaboration in producing the AR7210BX! It might explain why I am getting the results that I have outlined above though - ie don't follow the AR7210BX's port labeling?

Hoping that someone can throw some light on the whole thing which would be much appreciated right now.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I don't have the 7210 but I do have the 7200/7300 on my birds and the AR does have the pit and ail are opposite side to the icon or other FBI units. Make sure on letter "H" that's on 90 degrees vs 120 degrees. For letter "I" I have the purple color on mine on. When I look at my AR from the back and go from right to left when connecting servos I have the rudder, of course is the rudder then aux 1 is my Pitt located on the the right side of the bird then ail is on the left side of the bird. Elev is the Elev and last the throttle is of course throttle. That's how I have them setup on my 3 birds with the AR. I'm not sure if this make sense or confuse you but maybe it might help.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I don't have the 7210 but I do have the 7200/7300 on my birds and the AR does have the pit and ail are opposite side to the icon or other FBI units. Make sure on letter "H" that's on 90 degrees vs 120 degrees. For letter "I" I have the purple color on mine on. When I look at my AR from the back and go from right to left when connecting servos I have the rudder, of course is the rudder then aux 1 is my Pitt located on the the right side of the bird then ail is on the left side of the bird. Elev is the Elev and last the throttle is of course throttle. That's how I have them setup on my 3 birds with the AR. I'm not sure if this make sense or confuse you but maybe it might help.

Tony does have some excellent video on the AR7200BX if you look it up. It's not the 7210 but their all the same. Just that the 7200 and 7300 are discontinue.

Cyclone 7

Thanks for the assistance D.O.G. - as far as Menu Point H goes though, it is a 120 degree swash rather than a 90 degree swash that needs to be specified in the gyro set up (but Normal/single servo in the Tx).

It seems to me that the port labeling on the AR7210 is misleading which is why I have had the trouble I have had. Ch1 is in fact Elevator and Ch3 Pitch on the unit, in accordance with the BeastX layout rather Spektrum's standard channel assignment.

Perhaps somebody can confirm that this is a known issue before I restart the whole set up? Can't seem to find too much about it on-line but that which I have found, seems to support my suspicions.

Cyclone 7

Cancel that - it would have been helpful if I had read page 7 of the manual a little more carefully :banghead: Although in fairness, it is easy to miss and not made clear anywhere else in the manual.

Needlessly confusing but then again the Spektrum manuals generally, are not the best I have ever come across :confusion:

Channels.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Glad you got it figured out. I was about to say while reading this that there is a swash diagram on the manual that should say what port to plug things into. Now lets see this bird in the air and on video for us to enjoy :biggrin1:

Cyclone 7

Glad you got it figured out. I was about to say while reading this that there is a swash diagram on the manual that should say what port to plug things into. Now lets see this bird in the air and on video for us to enjoy :biggrin1:

Rest of the set up - once I got that sorted - went like a dream including the magic Blue Solid at 6 degrees, straight off :boldblue:

Given the fact that the channel assignment on the AR7210Bx is different to the Spektrum standard, I think it should be highlighted better in the manual. I should have realised a lot sooner that it was based on the BeastX protocol and not Spektrum's. Sometimes you get so immersed in the problem that you miss the blindingly obvious!

Top Bottom