FBL Gyro AR7210BX & Align 500

Sdja

I have a Align Trex 500 FB helicopter that i have been flying with a tail lock Gyro for a few years and it has been flying great..
I have taken off the Fly Bar head and replaced it with a Align Fly barless head and all with a new AR7210BX unit the problem is that when i have tried to set it up one and sometimes two of the servos do not move the same way they were set up to be sometimes they cooperate and sometimes not. they were working fine with my spektrum 6 channel reciever and my Spektrum transmitter but they do not seem to be doing well with the New Gyro stabilizer receiver. I have gone thru the setup a number of times and got them going the right way and the gyro correction correct and they worked fine with all that the problem is they do not always go back to the same setup spots they seem to go out of time on there own after i cycle thru the throws they will not end up in the position they are supose to be at and the throws changes from where the programming was done. but the gyro still corrects the correct way its suppose to the sevos just dont seem to be going to there how should i say it.. well there home spot when i let the sticks go to center and the throttle/pitch down on low the throws are off from one time to another..Could it be Bad servos they are like 4 years old but seemed to be working fine with the regular 6 channel receiver. I have redone the setup like 8 or 9 times and with the same results( kind of )the servos dont always do the same thing but the one thing they seem to be doing is not behaving ending up in the position they are suppose to be at . Guess I will try Another AR7210 i do have another as i bought 2 of them because i want to convert one of my other Helicopters to Fly Barless aslo.. And yes I am following the Instructions and even stepped away for a break and tried again but no luck so far.. just done for the day anyway
Really trying not to go crazy but i feel its a short trip now and Help me Mr wizard comes to mind hahahaha
Any help or ideas
thanks

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Sdja and welcome aboard :). I don't have the AR7210 but I do have it's older brother and sister the AR7200BX and the AR7300BX. I had a simlar problem and one of the members suggested, make sure that the servo you're using it's working frequency matches the color code the AR7210 uses. That should be letter "B" and "D" in the Manual. Hope this help.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So is this during the setup you notice it or after you exit the setup? Remember, the servos may move slowly or not seem to be level on the bench. The system knows when its not in the air. Just thinking out loud, at step G, you level the swash with one of the lights on? The controller is firmly mounted? A video would be helpful for us to see whats going on.
T

Smoggie

Have you set the swash type in your transmitter to 'Normal' or 'single servo'? You must not have it set to 120 deg swash (or any other swash mixing setup) as you would use on a flyber heli.

Sdja

Well I tried almost everything Reset the Receiver and deleted the model in the transmitter and made a new one went thru it and made sure that there was no mixing or anything like that going on and tried the programming again even pick the lowest setting for the servo and it did it again and again they just would not do what they were programmed to do and by now I have the Manuel memorized hahahah So I got the other AR7210BX Beast (and by now I have alot of colorful names for it and the servos) and tried it I figured what the heck I got it I got to try it Before I head out to buy new servos...And this one works like it is suppose to.... I guess the first one is the problem Im going to leave it the way it is programmed and see if They will take it back to see why the hell it is doing that Besides its just being NFG.... Hopefully (its only been a few day since i got it) they will give me replacement for it as I have not let the smoke out of it but it did almost get Hammer time hahahahah after the other one proved it to be faulty and noting else but its inability to friking work properly..
Think im going to try her out tomorrow if the wind isnt blowing 40 mph like it has been today and yesterday oh well one victory at a time..Happy end of the day and saved 150 bucks or so.. I think ill go out for a Porterhouse and a few beers.

Thanks a lot everyone for the help and may you have a great day or night..

Last edited:
Top Bottom